HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How much do you guys work out a week?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much do you guys work out a week?

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

That's pretty darn impressive for a smoker, Matt. I know what that means; my best two-mile time was 10:17 (YEARS ago ). Two miles under 12 for a pack-a-day smoker? Wow.
Thanks Greg but if you have ran enough to get to 10:17, you know that there is a HUGE difference between 12 minutes for 2 miles, and 10:17 for 2 miles. You could fit the grand canyon into the discrepancy between those two numbers. I was working my butt off and pushing myself hard for a long time to get to that 12 minutes. Had I not been smoking, I probably would have been at 10 minutes or close to it.

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

And Rick James, you suck! 2 miles in 12 minutes? I consider my 19 minutes "fast"
19 minutes!! You can walk 2 miles in 19 minutes!! [8D]

I'm in just about the same shape you are in now probably DC, I'm 6' even and weigh in at 215-220. When I was in prime shape 4-5 years ago I was a pretty lean 185-190. I'd love to get back down to maybe 195 this summer. I'm not so concerned with getting more muscle than I have now, but I'd really like to shed some fat and get in better cardio shape. My family has a long history of cardiovascular disease on both sides, and I know that now's the time for me to avoid the same problems they have all had. [&:]