Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much do you guys work out a week? >

How much do you guys work out a week?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much do you guys work out a week?

Old 01-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How much do you guys work out a week?

That's pretty darn impressive for a smoker, Matt. I know what that means; my best two-mile time was 10:17 (YEARS ago ). Two miles under 12 for a pack-a-day smoker? Wow.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Site Bouncer

I'll lift weights 3 days a week, I try to get out and walk 5 times a week M-F. The weekends I leave open.

I've lifted weights for so many years (sometimes 7 days a week for years on end) It's hard to even fathom. I lifted for shear brute strength and explosiveness. I trained (and competed) for worlds strongest man competitions while I was in college and the NFL.

Now at 43 I'm just content withtrying to keep myself in decentshape. I have nothing more to prove and to be honest, I don't know how much more heavy weights my tendons, ligaments and joints can take.My main concern now is shedding some weight. I too would like to get down to my high school weight.......that being 295lbs.[&:]

It's not too much of a stretch, I need to lose about 30lbs +/- If I reach that goal, I will try to lose even more....It can only help me down the road.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Fork Horn

My days are a workout of there own: Throwing accusations,jumping to conclusions and dodging responsibilities. Actually my job is strength training enough but I try to swim laps for at least an hour 3 times per week.
Of course there is always the nightly wrestling matches with the kids.

Rogue
Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

Depending on what week it is, I work out for 1hr on Monday, Wednesday and Friday one week and Tuesday and Thursday the next.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:33 AM

Back in high school I used to workout a bunch. I was always in sports and had weight lifting classes. I used to wrestle so having good stamina was important. I ran around 9 miles everyday plus had a 2 hr practice. I also played football my freshmen year and 2 years in little league. Now i workout when i can. I play some games of basketball with friends and go to the gym when im not doing homework. College kinda makes you lazy when you arent an athlete anymore, but i think from being in the best shape of my life in high school it has helped me stay in shape throughout college.For the most part anyway.[&:]
Old 01-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

From the time I was 18, until about 2 years ago (12-13 years) I lifted weights 3-5 days a week, skipping only during bow season. I was pretty hardcore at times.

I keep meaning to get back into a home workout routine, pull ups, push ups, dips & abs, but its been a little slow in taking off. I still try and walk or jog a lot to maintain some level of cardio. Plus I play flag football and deck hockey.

Even though I don’t work out nearly as much, I can still be pretty happy that I haven’t ballooned in weight, actually have dropped slightly from the loss of muscle mass.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

I quit the weights once bow season started, now I just hit the heavy bag 5 days a week, keeps the muscles toned and cardio in check, that's just for general physical well being, nothing to do with hunting.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I lift in the gym 4 or 5 days a week and do 20-30 min of cardio 4 days per week.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Martial arts 2x weekly. Work out on equipment 4x weekly. No lifting for me.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Every night. I have lots and lots of sex. What can I say, chicks dig me. I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it’s something unusual.

Quick Reply: How much do you guys work out a week?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.