Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your opinion? >

What's your opinion?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your opinion?

Old 01-13-2008, 05:37 AM

Default What's your opinion?

I have a friend that wants to open a bow shop. He's asked me for input on what to have in it. I'd like your opinions to pass on to him.
[ul][*]What are some things that you like about your local bow shop?[*]What are some things that you don't like?[*]What would you add to your local bow shop?[/ul]

Old 01-13-2008, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What's your opinion?

If he's opening up shop next door, he should go right ahead !!!

Frank
Belgium
Old 01-13-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Customer service is the most important!
Dont try and make everyone shoot the same stuff. There is a bow shop in my area that does that. You can tell who got there bows there. They all look identical.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:00 AM

Things I don't like:
- Pushing "Car" Salesmen attitude just looking for a sale
- Product that has been on the shelf for 10 years. If you are opening a new shop, this most likely won't be but don't try selling crap that has been sitting in your basement. That's what eBay is for. Hate seeing old out of date product.
- People that do not greet you when you walk in.
- Cockiness.
- Out of Stock items

Things I WANT:
- A friendly face and attitude. Nothing will turn me away faster than arrogance and an "I'm toobusy to help you" attitude.
- Most current and hot items out...and a decent selection.
- A clean shop. If you can't take the time to vaccum your shop or clean glass, how much effort are you really going to put into my bow?!
- Enough staff. Always have someone available during store hours to help. If you are a pro shop, I don't want to hear, "Oh, he'll be back in 2 hours. He had to run out and he does that kind of thing".
- Willingness to help, explain and educate.

I can go on and on but I hope that helps a little. I haveexperiencein Customer Service and Facility Management. Main thing is make your customers happy! I would rather spend $100 at a shop I like than $85 at a shop I hate for the same thing!!!

Old 01-13-2008, 11:00 AM

Great input

What about a range for trying out the bow & arrows? I've been in some shops with or without. How big are the ranges in your shops?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really like the range at my shop! You can shoot out to 42 yards and its like almost being in the woods. They built the range around pine trees that they have sunroofs in for natural light and wood chips for the floor. You can shoot from an elevated height and a video range all in the same area! By far the coolest range I have shoot in! Not to mention the outdoor 3d range! I wish I had a pic to post!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

[ul][*]i like having experienced bowhunters working there[*]i dont like waiting to get service[*]i like having a range to shoot the new setup[*]i do not like going in and them not having what i need[/ul]