Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Land Question >

New Land Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Land Question

Old 01-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Land Question

"Dont worry about a tresspassers feelings. They are scum to start with. Pleasing them is like trying to grab a turd by the clean end. I take great pride in Pissing off tresspassers on my land, even to the point of blocking their escape until the law can get there. I have no use for a P.O.S. tresspasser. "

That's great. I just don't want to get in a situation where someone would feel the need to tamper with stands or what not.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Duramax05

Rick James, I don't think I've ever met you but I am from just south of Albany about 10 miles or so. My hopefully to be property is out in Warners Lake. With the snow there is a ton of deer activity and I'm hoping to put a stop to the tresspassing as soon as we close. Nodog and Davidmil have a good idea. I want to stop the tresspassing without pissing people off.
I know this area VERY well. I havea ton of friends in the East Berne area and I shoot a LOT down that way at the Archery Barn right off Helderberg Trail. I have also have looked for property in this area, my girlfriend (soon to be fiance if I'm lucky [8D]) and I both hope to move to this area and build in a few years when we sell our current place. She's a kindergarten teacher in Schoharie, and the Berne area is perfect for both of us.

We should stay in touch and maybe go to some 3D shoots this summer? Let me know if your ever interested!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

As was mentioned before I would make an effort to introduce myself to as many neighbors as possible, letting them know you will be posting the land, and if they know anybody who has a treestand on the property to please remove it by some reasonable time frame. You never know who has permission to hunt even when things are posted, ie someone's brother in law, etc.

Also be prepared for some people to ask permission to hunt on your property.

Lastly, I would be there for the land survey if possible as well.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

[/align]
[blockquote]Matt/ Rick James- Yeh I would definitely be in for a 3d shoot sometime. The course that my brother and I used to shoot occasionally closed. That area out there is awesome. I grew up in the "low lands" of the area but venture out there often. My fiancee is a school teacher at Ravena and teaches 9-10 grade english. She actually got into target shooting and then hunting this year and took a huge doe with the shotgun. By the way my name is Josh. Nice to meet someone from the area.

C-str, while doing our initial walk of the property the realtor found all of the corner posts in the ground and the property is enclosed in a stone wall. It's very easy to tell where the line is. [/blockquote]
Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pleasing them is like trying to grab a turd by the clean end.
Post of the day!

Steve
Old 01-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

When my uncle bought his land we had the same problem. 1st thing we did was fix the fence, replaced any bad post, restrung wire and hung signs about every 20-30 yards. Next we took out all stands and hung sings on the trees that we took the stands out of. We also put a gate up with a lock just to finish the look of "your not welcome here". The thing that really stopped people is when the 1st year he owned it we showed up for opening day of gun season, and stayed until it was over. That was when the locals decided to find a new place to hunt.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

id keep em
Old 01-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would just take them they should not be on my property putting there stuff up for me to use and/pr take