Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone got a line on Carter Release aids? >

Anyone got a line on Carter Release aids?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone got a line on Carter Release aids?

Old 12-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone got a line on Carter Release aids?

I JUST and I mean JUST last night got rid of my Carter Insatiable 3. I had only had it for about 3 weeks, and I shot it PRETTY well. I used it alot, but for me, and this is JUST for me, I felt I would be MUCH better off in the long run shooting a BT all the time for everything but hunting. I was switching back and forth there for a while but I always shot better with the Scott Longhorn Pro Advantage, and that's what I'm sticking to.

I've actually been using two of them the past few days and just blind bailing like crazy. They are IDENTICAL releases but one of them is set where it WILL NOT go off no matter what. Well, I mean it could but it would have to be at about a 180 degree angle.

I will just blind bale, drop the releases in my pocket and pick out one. If it was the one that will not go off and I'm pulling through as hard as I can and the shot takes more than about 10 seconds, I let down and redo my whole sequence. THen I drop the releases back into my release pouch and randomly choose another one. It's great practice and I'm improving by leaps and bounds lately.