Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Release Aids! Help Me Choose! >

Release Aids! Help Me Choose!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Release Aids! Help Me Choose!

Old 10-10-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Release Aids! Help Me Choose!

I have been looking for a new release and wanted one with the trigger set forward as I use a string loop. Two models have caught my eye. One is the Scott Sabertooth and the other is the Carter Two Shot. Has anyone had experience with either of these? Any advise good or bad will be appreciated. Thanks. Alan
Old 10-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Release Aids! Help Me Choose!

I'd choose neither of those 2 to be honest......the 2 shot is more of a target style release with a fairly stiff dual or triple sear and its easy to get funky if you punch it in the heat of the moment. It really lends itself to controlled shooting with back tension.

The Sabertooth is the least of my favorites of th enew Scott releases. I would choose the Wildcat or Silverhorn over either of the 2 you mentioned.
The Silverhorn (which is a reworked "Rhino") would probably be my pick for string loops because of the way the head free floats and allows the loop to pull straight away from the shot. (Any of the caliper releases force the loop to slip around one or 2 solid jaws). Very smooth and the hook style attachment is quick and reliable.

I have been shooting a Scott Rhino now for 5 or 6 years and about 5 million shots. If I was looking for a new release I would probably go for one of these 2. If you are looking at a Carter as a possible choice the "Quickie" is the best hunting index release they have IMO. Quick and smooth single sear. Doesn't get wild if punched.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

I own the cobra and absolutely love it.Here's a link, take a look at it.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=24360&hvarDept=400&a mp;hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=14&hvarSubCode =14&hvarTarget=browse
Old 10-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

try the little goose from scott
Old 10-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: monster10rackstack

X2
Old 10-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

X3
Old 10-14-2006, 07:57 PM

Hey Matt, thanks for the great reply. The trigger on the Silverhorn, how does it work? Do you have to push it closed? Or, does it close automatically when you let off of the trigger? Thanks. Alan
Old 11-07-2006, 07:29 PM

Matt, I just wanted to let you know that I bought the Silverhorn and it is great. It is quick to hook up and the trigger is awesome. Thanks for the advice. Alan
Old 11-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Banned

Check out the Truball Tornado with leather buckle. Awesome and no velcro to make a noise.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

Myself and some friends all shoot and love the 2shot. I started using it during 3d and havent switched for hunting. You just have to learn to close it quietly.

Quick Reply: Release Aids! Help Me Choose!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.