Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Release aids

Old 06-09-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Release aids

hello all,

Currently i shoot fingers but am wanting to change to a release aid to try and improve accuracy and was wondering if anyone out there could give me some names of quality release aids that wont break the budget. ie between $50-$120

Cheers
Old 06-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Release aids

if your looking for a good quality release aid that wont break the bank then give any of the tru-fire release aids a try

There are alot on the market,and on the price your looking at can probably afford any of them
Old 06-10-2005, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Cobra EZ and I like it fine. It cost about $35. It's the only one I've used so can't compare to others. It is comfortable and well built, the guys at the archery shop recommended it.

Old 06-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

I find that most finger shooters find it easier to adapt to the Winn Free Flight releases

Because you can still pull w/ your whole hand and distribute the pull to your whole hand instead of just the wrist. Also was one of the 1st releases w/ the trigger located near the jaws of the release.. instead of an inch or more behind.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:43 AM

I have to agree with extreme1 on the True-fires. I have the "Patriot" and love it. Costs $18

I also have a Cobra that I've used hard for 10 years and it is still working great for my son.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:44 AM

I have two of the Winn Free Flight releases; the C-10, which shoots off the string, and the Loop release, which obviously is used with a string loop. These are great releases and you likely won't have to adjust your drawlength when switching from fingers. The only downside is they do tend to limit what you can do with your release hand, since the head doesn't fall away from the hand like most releases.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Spike

I ALSO SHOOT A COBRA. IT IS A GOOD RELEASE AT A VERY REASONABLE PRICE!
Old 06-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know what? I don't cae what release you go to. You should still have to shorten the drawlength of the bow about 1/2" to 1". The reason is that your fingers make the string a nice big arc around them. When you go to a release, whether you hook directly on the string or with a loop, the point of attachment is a sharper angle. To get the bow to full draw you will have to anchor back farther on your face. And if you shoot a loop you'll anchor back even farther, most likely being overstretched and having the upper body pulled out of alignment.

As for which to buy? Buy a good one. The El Cheapo's are just that, along with everything else in life. $50-$100 gives you a whole world of releases to look at. My best advice would be go to a shop where you can try lots of them and see what YOU think. Try different types---wrist/caliper, T handles, etc. to see what feels better to you. There are some that you can hook to a loop or directly on the string. Some are made specifically for loops. Then there are some with a rope that wraps around the string (this is what I shoot).
Old 06-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

For someone switching from fingers to release I would suggest the Spot Hog, Cascade model 10 release. This release is activiated by releasing the pressure on the button. When a full draw and on target you depress the trigger. When ready to release you relax on the trigger and the release will activate. A quality piece for around $100.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:07 PM

Some on here think that a lower price means junk, but I shot a $24 cobra for 10 years. NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM in all those thousands of shots and it's STILL WORKING FINE.

Quick Reply: Release aids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.