Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS! >

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Old 12-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

I agree with the entertainment end of the videos, and it is great about hunting fairchase on all you videos.. I am sure you know who I am referring to when I talk of the other video/pro staff guys that really put themselves on a pedestal.. As far as products, likewise I do use some things but bare bones only. And that is only because I feel I don't need it. I hunt the wind, I do use a treestand, I don't use urine scents only a earth scented spray, and I dowear camoflage. When I talked about hunting in red plaid I was talking about this: when I was a kid I remeber all my uncles, grandfather and many black and white pics of my family hunting in southern NY with shotguns and shotting pumkin balls, and they had taken some really slammin bucks through the years.. They didn't drive deer either. Most of them just cut the racks off.. But till this day I know some guys that don't have much and take some impressive deer.. The reason they don't have much is because they don't work much. They choose to hunt..LOL.. My point with that is having time on your hands to do what you love... Most guys don't have that luxury, there for they are forced to go on outfitted hunts if they can afford them or not hunt at all.. The big industry is literally forcing out their own consumers.. Just read recently that NJ is trying to ban hunting all together, so they over doubled the license fees.. For a resident, it costs 150.00 for all your bucks tags and gun license..rediculous... To each his own I guess, I still feel a loss still with the spirit of deer hunting...

Happy holidays.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

well being a pro hunter or pro basball player just means you get paid for doing what ever you do
do you call berry bonds a pro or mike tyson i do not think so
Old 12-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

I understand that, I made seeral points on the thread but in reference to being a pro to me is being one of the best..
Old 12-23-2007, 11:05 PM

I personally have mixed feelings on this. But at the landowner's defense, have you looked at the prices of fertilizer and seed these days, i mean good lord. Its like 500 dollars for a ton of fertilizer and like 200 and some for a 50 lb. bag of corn seed. I don't blame some of them, they got families to feed too.Gotta make up the money some how. A great example is tobacco, its just like trading money, what used to be 2.50 a lb is now 1.30 a pound. I mean it does upset me a little, im 24 with a 6 month old baby i can't even think about trying to afford to lease land to hunt. Im fortunate enough to have access to a about a 200 acre farm that ive been hunting since i was 12 yrs. old. Its not the best and doesn't produce massive deer but i get to hunt and get outside and enjoy what god gave us. Yeah id like to get a 5 1/2 year old 160" deer but you know right now its not in the cards. Ill settle for an average run of the mill 3 1/2 year old 8 point every year, it puts meat in freezer and a well earned cheesygrin on my mug. A trophy is in the eye of the beholder, plain and simple. On a different note I do kindafeel like any more, we are growing deer like crops to go out and shoot. I see and understand the pros and cons of it, management and everything, thats why im on the fence with it but the next time your on stand really break it down to its core and think about it. People are just growing deer to shoot.yeah i pass up young bucks all the time in hopes that they'll become that dream buck. But when you pass up a 141/2 in 6pt. with 7 in g2's and 6.5 in brows that ended up field dressin 195 lbs to find out3/4 of a mile away your taxidermist son shot it 3.5 hours later,and gun season ends and yourstill holdentags, was it really worth it????(still got the rest of bow season though) The people that disgust me, tell me how you would feel pulling up to your hunting grounds to see a deer with its antlers cut off and back strap cut out and the rest just left for the buzzards. Thats the people that give this sport a bad name and piss me off. Thats what i have to deal with every year, like clock work the second day of gun season there he lays next to the road right where i pull in and park.I ever figure out who it is he's gettin a good ol fashion country a$$ woopin, I can tell you that. I have a lot more to sayjust don't feel like typing any more. Peace out and happy hunting.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

You have valid points with the farmer, cost are going up with corn andthe ethanol production. But I can tell you the govt. won't allow mass growing of corn, it would drive the other crop commodities through the roof because no one will be growing them.. They will put farmers on allocation on the amount they can grow, just like tobacco.. As far as growing deer, that is exactly what is happening.. that is why there are more P&Y and Booners being taken every year...

As far as your problem with the poachers, I would set up trail cams and stake out.. to catch them.. Believe me you, burn a couple of them with and arrest and hefty fines they will get the mesg.. Then you can go kick their as*. Good Luck!

Happy Holidays.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

i agree they spend alot of money farming tohave deer eat i spent a month puttingin a garden and when it got a foot high i left for the week to come back to the garden being ate to the ground

Old 12-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

It just seems to me that gowing the deer big is taking alot of the suspense out of the equation... If you have a good size property you know you are going to see a big buck.. Sort of like Texas.. most of those premier hunting outfitters offer hunts on a size bases, like you pay 3000.00 for upto a 140", 4000.00 up to a 150" and 6500.00 for a 170" and they usually guarantee opportunity in 3 days... Yes they are fair chase but it is not realistic... I am not knockingit, and if thats you thing thats great.. But thats not for me.. to me a 170" deer is a deer of a lifetime.. I have taken 150's, 160's, and a 185" and I worked my ass off for all of them.. Deer to most of these places are a crop, and they are most likely the biggest cash crop.. I like a deer that got that big on his own.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:55 AM

I too hate to see the cost of hunting goods rise but we all like to see our weekly checks risetoo on occassion. That life. I as a land owner in Tn (600 acres) dont get the chance at 180 class bucks Maybe a 130 140 class buck every 8 to 10 years when they make through several season.. I have land and family to pay for taxes, insurances, repair tractors, fences and other equipment. Think i like renting MY Land to others No but it life. Tabacco no longers supports our state and I work two jobs to just keep my land. Lease pays for the taxes and some of the insurances. If you dont like paying big money for a lease go buy you some land and pay the easy money for it. Let your Hunters pay for it. Doesn,t happen. Outfitter I have nothing against but The probarly are raping us hunters but if we pay itwhy not charge it? I hunt a few day a year but only after my work is done. I heard someone once say go kill it drag it in and eat it. What a concept.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

6500 for a deer that like 65 dollars apound at a 100 pounds of meat dam
ORIGINAL: NYBigbucks

It just seems to me that gowing the deer big is taking alot of the suspense out of the equation... If you have a good size property you know you are going to see a big buck.. Sort of like Texas.. most of those premier hunting outfitters offer hunts on a size bases, like you pay 3000.00 for upto a 140", 4000.00 up to a 150" and 6500.00 for a 170" and they usually guarantee opportunity in 3 days... Yes they are fair chase but it is not realistic... I am not knockingit, and if thats you thing thats great.. But thats not for me.. to me a 170" deer is a deer of a lifetime.. I have taken 150's, 160's, and a 185" and I worked my ass off for all of them.. Deer to most of these places are a crop, and they are most likely the biggest cash crop.. I like a deer that got that big on his own.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

And in some cases higher than that...

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.