HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:26 PM
NYBigbucks
Fork Horn

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

I agree with the entertainment end of the videos, and it is great about hunting fairchase on all you videos.. I am sure you know who I am referring to when I talk of the other video/pro staff guys that really put themselves on a pedestal.. As far as products, likewise I do use some things but bare bones only. And that is only because I feel I don't need it. I hunt the wind, I do use a treestand, I don't use urine scents only a earth scented spray, and I dowear camoflage. When I talked about hunting in red plaid I was talking about this: when I was a kid I remeber all my uncles, grandfather and many black and white pics of my family hunting in southern NY with shotguns and shotting pumkin balls, and they had taken some really slammin bucks through the years.. They didn't drive deer either. Most of them just cut the racks off.. But till this day I know some guys that don't have much and take some impressive deer.. The reason they don't have much is because they don't work much. They choose to hunt..LOL.. My point with that is having time on your hands to do what you love... Most guys don't have that luxury, there for they are forced to go on outfitted hunts if they can afford them or not hunt at all.. The big industry is literally forcing out their own consumers.. Just read recently that NJ is trying to ban hunting all together, so they over doubled the license fees.. For a resident, it costs 150.00 for all your bucks tags and gun license..rediculous... To each his own I guess, I still feel a loss still with the spirit of deer hunting...

Happy holidays.