Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners? >

Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I hope it pours on the opening day of gun season. Tag soup 4 everyone
8.59%
I only root for my buddies to do well. I hope the rest get skunked.
14.11%
I hope they all enjoy a successful season and tag out.
55.21%
If they cancelled gun season tomorrow, I'd do cartwheels!
18.40%
Less deer for everyone else = more deer for me.
3.68%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

Old 12-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

What are any of us even doing online. To show our wholehearted support for our fellow humans, we should all be in a lab somewhere serving as human guinea pigs for the development of AIDS vaccines. And that is positive proof that bow hunters have a right to wish bad luck on gun hunters.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Can I have his spot? [8D]
You are on the list also, because I am such a jerk, I am only going to invite some members on HNI. Not all of them.

I will say this, the people I was looking to invite were ones who do not have access to some great ground that I know on HNI. I wanted to share what it is like to hunt great hunting land, but since Fran has pointed out, I can not do it with entire country, I am a jerk
Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Wow, yet another chest thumping thread.

Fran, my question to you is how does turning somebody down from hunting your property (which you worked for and paid for) instantly causing them to have less luck throughout the season? Since when did turning somebody down instantly mean that their season was going to be a bust?

This whole post is a huge joke and partially why I haven't posted as much lately as I use to. With each season that passes I keep seeing more and more chest thumping egos starting up instead of just getting out and enjoying hunting. Why must everybody try to cut down others ways of hunting. One minute it is archers saying that they are superior hunters over rifle hunters, next its public land hunters saying they are superior hunters over private land hunters because it is harder. Baiting vs non-baiting. Deer drives vs stand hunters, ect.. Do you have to cut others down to make yourself feel better and to justify how you hunt? I have seen plenty examples in this post, all the comments about how an archer passes deer just to have your "one day wonder" shoot him with a rifle..... who in the world are you to criticize that hunters knowledge and accomplishments? That guy could have forgot more about deer hunting than you will learn in a lifetime, but you are so quick to judge him simply by his weapon choice. Thats just sad and pathetic.

Here is an idea..... forget what others are doing and just go hunt, trust me, it will be much more enjoyable when you decide to hunt for the enjoyment, not so you can thump your chest and proclaim yourself as the worlds greatest deer hunter, I am pretty sure Jackie Bushman has that locked up anyways
Seriously...Amen. I posted back on page 7 was it? I thought the post could/should have died then. There was a point Quick had to this post originally, and although we may not all agree on it, there was a point. Now this thread is just kind of funny

I get the feeling from many members on here (some of whom are very helpful and otherwise very knowledgable) that they truly think of themselves as maybe not superior, but somehow more respected for being archery-only hunters. It's very sad, since there's a few members on here I would really love to sit down and talk hunting with and get out and do some shooting. But then you wonder if that person really trully has that type of attitude he/she displays online, and then I would rather pass.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

BG - I never claimed to be a champion of the starving masses or the needy. But I'll humor you...

I donate about $50 a year to thanksgiving and xmas food drives, and took a new football to the Stuff-a-bus for poor kids. The stark reality is that $50 and a football is where I draw the line and say "enough for you, the rest is for me." I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that I am doing everything in my power for the good of the needy.

I'm adult enough to admit that I am putting myself in front of those less fortunate. I have a commodity (food) that is in need, and I choose to keep it for myself (except for $50 in canned food that I take to my mom's church). I do it because I'm selfish, and i'm not willing to starve myself so that those less fortunate can eat. It's human nature, and we all do it.

Everybody does it- it's all about where you draw the line. How far are you willing to go?

I say that if you are going to come here and claim to the world that you "support all hunters" carte blanche - then it is what it is. You should do everything in your power to help them, even if it means letting a total stranger come over to your place and shoot a deer.

If not, just admit that you're being greedy, and hording your deer for yourself.

It is what it is.

Where do I draw the line? Friends/Family. I'd put any one of my buddies or family membersin my best stand in the peak of the rut, whether I was tagged out or not. That's just how I roll. Outside that narrow circle - everyone else can fend for themselves. Maybe that makes me some kind of hunting antichrist, who knows?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not even a valid point on page 7. Big difference between passive (for want of a better term) support for someone and wishing failure on them.The comment about a cure for cancer kind of became the straw that broke the camels back. There's something nutty in PA>
Old 12-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Where do I draw the line? Friends/Family. I'd put any one of my buddies or family membersin my best stand in the peak of the rut, whether I was tagged out or not. That's just how I roll. Outside that narrow circle - everyone else can fend for themselves. Maybe that makes me some kind of hunting antichrist, who knows?
Agreed!!!! I think this is how most on this site feel...However, they aren't man enough to admit it. I know I do!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

I can't go against gun hunters, for that would mean that I would be against my father. He is the reason that I started hunting in the first place. I go rifle hunting with him the first two days of the season for tradition. I don't care if I would get anything, but I try my best to have something go past him or my son (hasn't got a deer yet).
Old 12-11-2007, 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: GregH

No, I don't root against gun hunters. I also hunt with a gun.

GREG!!! The Site Buck Guru also hunts with a gun? OMG!!!! [8D]

(Kidding of course)......BTW we need to set dates for your Canadian hunt next year.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Go,

I think that plenty of folks will admit to that philosophy. But it doesn't mean that someone can't still be supportive of other hunters and instead must wish failure on them to avoid being a hypocrite.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

No, I don't root against gun hunters. I also hunt with a gun.
Now that's gospel right there.

Germ - I didn't say you're a jerk. Just a hypocrite. [&:]

BM - Sorry if I offended you on so many levels. I wasn't ragging on anyone else for their way of hunting. I was just seeing what everyone else's opinion was of other guys hunting the same herd. So kill me if I'm not jumping for joy if I hear about some gun hunter cranking a big 3.5 off of my favorite archery farm. I might give them a hollow "Congratulations" - but deep down - I'm thinking "Man, that would have been a SLAMMER next year... Damn."

Quick Reply: Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.