Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners? >

Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I hope it pours on the opening day of gun season. Tag soup 4 everyone
8.59%
I only root for my buddies to do well. I hope the rest get skunked.
14.11%
I hope they all enjoy a successful season and tag out.
55.21%
If they cancelled gun season tomorrow, I'd do cartwheels!
18.40%
Less deer for everyone else = more deer for me.
3.68%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

Old 12-11-2007, 04:28 PM

Default RE: Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

I don't know what the mistake by the lake is, but he does own that INT record!! Yikes!!

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Favre owns the mistake by the lake.
ORIGINAL: olbuddy

www.bearsstillsuck.com
ORIGINAL: olbuddy

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Do you root against your home town team if you have player on your fantasy team who are playing them? If you truly cared about your fantasy players you would sabotage your cities team to help them gain more points. Don't just say you root for them to do good, help them out.
I love da Bears, period. I could never root against them.

That being said, I certainly wouldn't mind my fantasy players having a big game against them... As long as the Bears win. That's my first and foremost desire.
Pack ready to make it 0-2 for the season at Soldier next weekend? Heyyyyy nowwww.

Hate to stray away from the topic too, sorry.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Whoa Fran you're freaking me out! I aint picking up what you're putting down. This went from 3 pages when I left to 20 whatever it will be by the time I'm done posting so give me time to catch up.

Here again, you're not going to share EVERY piece of information with every guy you come across (keeping the keys to the castle), right? So, it's fair to say that you're not being as "helpful" as you "could" be, right?
First of all who said anything about being "helpful"? You asked if you hope gun hunters don't have success. Nothing about being a helper guy to them.

You're just not going to spill the beans to just anyone. That's all part of the game, and you're not going to let your hard workgo down the toilet by broadcasting all your scoutingobservations with everyone at the parking lot- I agree 100%.

My point is: This is selfish behavior. There's nothing wrong with it. I do the same thing. But it is what it is.
I dont' think that's selfish at all. It's a matter of who out works the other guy. Put the time in and reap the rewards of your efforts. There's no conspiracy. If I put 1000 hours in hunting throughout the year and hunter B just shows up opening day, why should I be a good helper guy and send him to my best stand? He's a big boy and can figure it out by himself. That still has nothing to do with the fact that I wish he is unsuccessfull though. Matter of fact if I saw him I'd wish him good luck. If I saw him with a 150" buck he killed on his own I'd congratulate the heck out of him.

Just bothers me that some guys are acting like they do everything possible to help fellow hunters succeed - when that is probably not the case. Be it hording deer on private ground and limiting outside access, or hording scouting/field observatory information and not sharing it with the other guys hunting the same area
Again ......... helping other hunters [:-]? I have my own sons that I will "help" hunt. You're talking about an entirely different topic than the original thread. I'm not hording any deer. They have free range to roam. I'm not on some espionage mission hiding secret deer scouting documents either. Why do you feel a need for public disclosure from every hunter in an area with every hunter in the county? Helping other hunters get a deer and hoping other hunters don't get a deer are 2 totally different issues.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Not me. My last sports involvment was real rugby.
Can someone help me out with the term rugby??? Isn't that that weird ass sport from Austailia?[8D]
Old 12-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Favre owns the mistake by the lake.
Favre doesn't own Cleveland?????????
Old 12-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

At best, this thread is pointless and doesn't have much to do with bowhunting. At it's worst, it's divisive and makes bowhunters look petty and selfish.

[go bears! [&o]]

Move along now.