HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/221919-bowhunters-do-you-root-against-gunners.html)

quiksilver 12-10-2007 01:02 PM

Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

In most states, archery season is followed by a gun season holocaust. It can be argued that there's a bit of a "conflict of interest" between a tagged-out bowhunter, and the guys hunting in his areas in the gun season only weeks later.

Obviously, to a bowhunter,the less "success" enjoyed during gun season directly translates into more deer surviving to reproduce, and more racks making it into the following year.

This conflict of interest is obviously one of the biggest driving forces behind the wedge between "bowhunters" and "gun hunters."

So, bowhunters: Do you root against the guys in gun season?

I normally don't root against the gunners, but this year - PA experienced horrible weather throughout gun season - and I find myself being pretty excited for what 2008 might hold. Especially with all the holdover bucks that survived the onslaught of rifle season.

Germ 12-10-2007 01:04 PM

RE: Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

For the love of GOD I give up.

I support hunters period[:@]

heeze gutshot shortee 12-10-2007 01:05 PM

A rather silly post...WE are all HUNTERS...nuff said

bawanajim 12-10-2007 01:09 PM

WE "all" might be hunters, but some arepretty piss poor specimen's as far as being ethical sportsman go.

peakrut 12-10-2007 01:10 PM

Concur

ORIGINAL: Germ

For the love of GOD I give up.

I support hunters period[:@]

quiksilver 12-10-2007 01:10 PM

I stopped yesterday to drop off a xmasgift basketat my favorite farmer's house. As usual, I asked if the gunners did any damage. He said "Nope. A couple does, and that's it. You were the only one who got a buck out here all year, as far as I know. Hardly any hunting pressure at all this year during gun season. Lots of people here on opening day, but they were gone by noon. Must have been the bad weather."

I was smiling like a butcher's dog on the way home, and the pitter patter of rain on my windshield never sounded so good. :D

Horizontal Hunter 12-10-2007 01:10 PM

I hope that they enjoy a sucessful season. I have always hunted all of the seasons archery, shotgun, and muzzleloader. I enjoy archery the most and I am going to forgo muzzleloader this year in favor of hunting the late archery season in Connecticut. I feel that the hunting community really needs to stick together, regardless of the weapon the hunter chooses. Every year I see the population of the hunting community get smaller and the smaller it gets the more rights hunters loose.

Bob

Schultzy 12-10-2007 01:10 PM

I for one don't want any of the gunners in my area to be shooting all the little bucks i've been letting go. I've alsogot some good buddies of mine that slug hunt thati root for every year and congratulate them on there success!

MN/Kyle 12-10-2007 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I for one don't want any of the gunners in my area to be shooting all the little bucks i've been letting go. I've alsogot some good buddies of mine that slug hunt thati root for every year and congratulate them on there success!
Same here, it's like a kick in the pants when they do!

But it's legal, so I can't do anything about it, besides inform them, which I do.

GMMAT 12-10-2007 01:16 PM

As long as they shoot and take dumps on their own property.....I don't care what they do.