Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scentlok lawsuit??? >

scentlok lawsuit???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scentlok lawsuit???

Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: scentlok lawsuit???

Ifit could be shown scientifically that it worked, it would be a different story.
I'll change no one's opinion, but just for fun...

========================================

It does to some degree depend upon what you mean by "worked."

Try this:

Take some ammonia and put it in a film container. Cover it with ordinary cotton cloth and take a big wiff.

Next cover it with a piece of carbon-laced material and do the same...and then tell me there is zero difference.

I do not think that you can "eliminate" all human scent with a garment of any type, period. But I do think that human scent is like a radio playing in the woods. You cannot turn it off, but you can most certainly turn it down.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Yes. I view gun kills with less admiration than bow kills.

Have you ever gun hunted for deer?

I "believe" the name of the thread in question was "Bowkills are easier". Post that in a bowhunting forum and .....well....you know.
Who cares what the thread title says...........the content was as I described if I recall.

I am curious as to how yours would stach up against the guy saying SL works. So...I guess I did. But....now that you've told me that the SL scientist is a quack and is guilty of fraud......I guess it's a moot point.
You better get glasses because I never said either one of those.

I have a better idea.............since you are chirping so loud against me why don't WE compare scientific credentials and see who is "full of ****"

I am exiting. Fight amongst yourselves!
Yea..........you already said that once..............about 3 pages ago

LOL...Me either!

2.6+ of that.....but close enough for an 80-s shooter!
73-75 minus 66 = 7-9 82-85 minus 74 = 8-11 I guess they weren't the same after all.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Just think of all that good deer habitat that is now being wastedon golf courses.
Jim now that is the best post you have ever made
Old 12-10-2007, 10:16 AM

Just think of all that good deer habitat that is now being wastedon golf courses.

AMEN!!!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Just for the record, Atlas.....(I guess we are both ignorant).....a "+" hcp. don't go on the upper side of par.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Jim now that is the best post you have ever made
Hey no one asked you...Look at all that good hair habitat your wasting on hats!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Even if all this arguement is entertaining to read, is it really worth it to argue how somebody else hunts? scent-lock or not, bow or gun, do what YOU are confident with and what works for you. After all anything that helps you be more confident in yourself and your equipment helps and works IMHO.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: atlasman

The guys from the independent lab that tested the scent-lok.

You mean the lab that was fined millions of dollars for falsifying results for clients who paid them to do "tests"??
atlas, can you provide a link or documentation to substantiate this? If so, can you also show that Scent Lok or Scent Blocker is one that paid them to falsify results? I don't ask that to be contradictory, if you can I'll sell my suit. Just that simple.

Note that I said paid to FALSIFY the results. Not paid to CONDUCT the test. Thank you.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:37 AM

Just for the record, Atlas.....(I guess we are both ignorant).....a "+" hcp. don't go on the upper side of par.

I guess so..............only I am the only one who can accept it

Old 12-10-2007, 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

The guys from the independent lab that tested the scent-lok.

You mean the lab that was fined millions of dollars for falsifying results for clients who paid them to do "tests"??
atlas, can you provide a link or documentation to substantiate this? If so, can you also show that Scent Lok or Scent Blocker is one that paid them to falsify results? I don't ask that to be contradictory, if you can I'll sell my suit. Just that simple.

Note that I said paid to FALSIFY the results. Not paid to CONDUCT the test. Thank you.

Sorry mobo.............I NEVER said SL paid to falsify results. Only that Intertek Testing facilities had been fined for doing it.

It is public record and a google search will show many results........here is one.

http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/963707f9ea3c005d85257359003d480a/d1e4c1a5259d474885256b6800670b01!OpenDocument

Quick Reply: scentlok lawsuit???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.