Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NOT YET!!

Old 11-29-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NOT YET!!

Great looking deer, DNB!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm on board with you all, I have passed on 25 different bucks some 120 classbut I have also seeneven bigger just not connected, people think you are bulsh&#ing them since you haven't tagged one, hey a trophy is different to everyone but a decent buck in and letting him walk is a trophy in my mind, managing a herd by harvesting doe's correctly is more rewarding in my mind at this point in my hunting stage, and the chance that the wall hanger will come in at any moment and you still have a blank tag is even better...
Old 11-29-2007, 06:49 AM

and then, those same ones will be the lucky one to actually kill a big buck that you or someone else let walk for a few years so it could get big, and then theyare so stupid to realize that you just provived a good buck for them!!! I hear ya!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

What about if you have like 5 buck tagsand you do shoot a little buck but after you do it you don't whine about it and don't say things like "There are no big bucks." Is that OK.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:19 AM

EVERY year at Thanksgiving my wife's uncle has to ask me the same question. "Have ya done any hunting yet?" Then after I tell him that I've been out since September he finally remembers that I'm a bow hunter. He only gun hunts one weekend a year and shoots anything that walks by. His brother puts him in a stand on his property and tells him when and where he will see deer. It drives me crazy! He thinks he is hunter! One year I got so mad when he thought that I was an idiot for passing up three small bucks in one day. He also couldn't comprehend why I only gun hunt the opening weekend at my deer camp. He acted as though I was the stupid one for putting up my rifle and mz for the year. That is when, in not so many words, I let him know that someone who only unpacks his gear for one weekend a year isn't a hunter. Just a killer. He even told me that he is the only one who eats the meat in his family, and that he really doesn't care for it!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

The more deer you guys give the ol' passaroo the more oportunities I get to fill the freezer. Thanks

Since we're at it and the Bow Hunting Gods have been so fortunate to you, and not to me, I'll go on considering every bow kill a dinner plate trophy.

Every deer has the right to sit next to mash potatoes and gravy. Especially when the gravy is made from the dark meat of a turkey taken in the spring time. Mmmmmm

Tom
Old 11-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I deal with a couple of guys who just started hunting a couple of years ago and have both shot a whopper. ONE decent deer down and a stack of deer mags in the bathroom and they know everything. You would think they had been hunting 30 yrs based on their "knowledge"
Old 11-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I don't like are the guys that hold out all year for a "big" buck and then in late November kill a small 6 or 8 and say "I just had to kill something". Let that buck that you and others have passed all year make it to next and then you would have your big bucks running around. NEVER EVER shoot a buck on the last day that you would or did pass on early. Let him go again and find him next year. NOTHING wrong with not taking a buck for a year or two. Shoot any buck you want if that is what you want. Just don't shoot them late in the year just to say you shot one.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Dominant Buck

and then, those same ones will be the lucky one to actually kill a big buck that you or someone else let walk for a few years so it could get big, and then theyare so stupid to realize that you just provived a good buck for them!!! I hear ya!!!!!!!!

I know that guy!!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

I could go on about this forever. I let 'em go so the neighbors can come out on opening day of gun season and shoot 'em. It sucks watching deer you let go all of bow season and they walk by you on the opening day of gun season and the neighbor shoots it. Then, the deer crosses onto my land where it is thick to try and bed down and the neighbor tramples over and gets his deer at 8AM. Then...instead of dragging it to his property to gut it out, he guts it out on my land and then drives his 6-wheeler down right to the dead deer and picks it up. Then...he leaves and comes back 2 hours before dark to shoot another young buck you had passed on all year. He's celebrating with his 3 point and 7 point, thinking he is a great hunter and all and you are just sitting there waiting for a nice one to walk by. Oh well, I guess if it's legal, then I can't really say anything to him. He's the great hunter that filled both his tags and I'm just the guy that spends countless hours in the woods and just takes a doe or two every year.

I also hate the guys that pass 'em up all year and shoot them just to say they got something and to fill their tags. Oh well...just praying that Michigan can change their laws sometime in the near future!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.