Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NOT YET!!

Old 11-30-2007, 07:40 AM

Default RE: NOT YET!!

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Yep. I took this guy with my compound about a month ago.
Damn he was that close to your garage?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

"Trophy Hunters Unite!!!"......they yell as they combine their power rings in the form of aglimmering trophy rack for all to stare at in amazement.
HILARIOUS
How did I miss that. That is freaking great.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Actually, thats my workshop out at my cabin. He walked right up to my shop and layed on an arrow.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Actually, thats my workshop out at my cabin. He walked right up to my shop and layed on an arrow.
I LOVE IT when they do that!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: statjunk

The more deer you guys give the ol' passaroo the more oportunities I get to fill the freezer. Thanks

Since we're at it and the Bow Hunting Gods have been so fortunate to you, and not to me, I'll go on considering every bow kill a dinner plate trophy.

Every deer has the right to sit next to mash potatoes and gravy. Especially when the gravy is made from the dark meat of a turkey taken in the spring time. Mmmmmm

Tom
Great, I just love it when someone shoots the spike that I passed on just so they can fill there freezer. Especially, when there was a doe standing next to him.

Wow, from my post you figured out that the "Bow Hunting Gods" have blessed me. And to think that I have been trying to figure out why I haven't yet connected on a good buck w/ my bow. I guess that I should just sit back and let the gods bring them to me.

I don't care what or how many you shoot. As long as it isn't on my property. It's my preference to not shoot spikes and forks. I get one antlered tag per year and I'm not going to use it just to fill my freezer. That is what the many doe in my area are for.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

If I owned some land or had money to lease some land I think I would be a serious trophy hunter...As it is I hunt public land and on most years it is a genuine challenge to get a buck bigger than a 1.5 yr old...So when you see me driving around with a 110" 8 point in the back of my truck that I busted my butt for, I am really not too concerned with how manybucks "justlikeit" thatyou have passed up, and there really isnt anything anybody could say to wipe the smile off my face...Sometimes I wonder why hunters have to be such jerks...
Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

I love the way this post turned into a "obviously some people just dont get it if they dont do it the way I do it" post. I apologize to everyone who was offended by my post on the first page, it was not meant to belittle or insult anyones way of thinking or hunting. I just get annoyed where I live when guys are shooting young, small bucks, AND THEN complain about not seeing or shooting big bucks. All this in a bow only county where does are very numerous and the doe tags unlimited. It all comes down to doin what ya like.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

it bugs me too!
Old 12-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

I could care less what other people shoot, how they shoot it, or where they shoot it (as long as done legally). Also I could REALLY care less about what people think about what I shoot or haven't shot. That is the furthest thing from my mind.

I hunt for big racked bucks these days. That's just what I prefer to shoot now. It's what gives me the most satisfaction. Smaller/younger bucks give me no satisfaction. Hence I'm not going totake the life of an animal that I'm not going to be satisfied with. I owe that to the deer and myself. I also strictly bowhunt only. I hunt with a bow during shotgun season here in NY too.

That being said, I really don't care if the guy on the neighboring propery shoots a spike that I passed on 75 times during bowseason. Maybe that's what brings him HIS satisfaction. It could walk by my tree and get shot a minute later by a fellow hunter with a shotgun and I wouldn't give it a second thought. Who cares? So obviously that deer isn't going to make it to 4.5 years old. That's the way it is. That's why it's more difficult/challenging to put yourself in a position to take a mature deer. That's why some people choose to only hunt mature animals.... for the challenge. If every hunter in your state passed on bucks untill they were at least 4.5 years old, would they be as much of a trophy/challenge at that point?[:-]
But regardless .... don't worry about what other people are shooting. Especially don't worry about what others think about what you're shooting.'

Above all else......... Just hunt and have fun.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Other than my immeditate family and closest friends, I quit caring what anybody thinks about me a long time ago.

Having said that, I have never had one person question my hunting ability or criticizing the way I hunt. I am probably my greatest critic.