HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/219747-north-carolina-virginia-west-virginia-have-made.html)

BigJ71 11-27-2007 09:52 AM

North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made!

I don't know what you folks aretalking about as far as deer go......

I went down to visit my brother in Raleigh for the Thanksgiving weekend and I seen more deerdriving through those three states than any other..... ever!!!

I'm talking about good looking bucks too! Right there on the side of the road just eating like they had no care in the world. Deer everywhere I tell ya!!:D:DI was "white knuckling it" the entire time driving, thinking one was going to auger intotheSUV at any moment! Talk about a stressful drive, sheeeesh![&:]

I'm not listing to any more complaining from you folks...not after what I saw.[:'(] You guys need to get out and hunt!:D:D

farmcntry 11-27-2007 09:57 AM

RE: North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Don't tell everyone!:eek:

NEW61375 11-27-2007 09:57 AM

There are no deer here, those werefigments of your imagination.Keep moving, nothing to see here.:D

goherd1111 11-27-2007 09:59 AM

LOL!!! There are alot of deer in WV, there is no doubt about that I hunted there my entire life until 4 years ago. However,there isNO WAYI would trade it for what I have now, here in IL.;)

BigJ71 11-27-2007 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

LOL!!! There are alot of deer in WV, there is no doubt about that I hunted there my entire life until 4 years ago. However,there isNO WAYI would trade it for what I have now, here in IL.;)
Hey now!......Let's not start talking crazy here.:DI'm not ready to pickup and move either. (although 70deg and sunny for Thanksgiving was pretty sweet) I'm just saying, they got a lot of frickin deer....and nice ones too!

gutshot 11-27-2007 10:07 AM

I wouldn't say that we have it made...:DWe do have a good healthy deer population and we do kill some big horns every year. We just don't have the agriculture that y'all have or the "let'em go and let'em grow" mentallity. We're more of a "it's brown it's down" state.

NCRemington700 11-27-2007 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

I don't know what you folks aretalking about as far as deer go......

I went down to visit my brother in Raleigh for the Thanksgiving weekend and I seen more deerdriving through those three states than any other..... ever!!!

I'm talking about good looking bucks too! Right there on the side of the road just eating like they had no care in the world. Deer everywhere I tell ya!!:D:DI was "white knuckling it" the entire time driving, thinking one was going to auger intotheSUV at any moment! Talk about a stressful drive, sheeeesh![&:]

I'm not listing to any more complaining from you folks...not after what I saw.[:'(] You guys need to get out and hunt!:D:D
THAT'S IT!! I'm actually heading to Illinois on Thursday and when I get back, I'm letting the cat out of the bagof the deer ya'll got up there!Your secret is out!!! HAHA:D

Big J-you must be talking about the stretch of I 40 between Raleigh and Chapel Hill. The interstate looks like it's been painted red this time of year.

BigJ71 11-27-2007 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

I wouldn't say that we have it made...:DWe do have a good healthy deer population and we do kill some big horns every year. We just don't have the agriculture that y'all have or the "let'em go and let'em grow" mentallity. We're more of a "it's brown it's down" state.
Well then all them big bucks I saw must have been visiting theirkin like I was.:D

My wife thought I was nuts, I kept saying..."look at that buck, no look at that one....holy crap look at that one!"

goherd1111 11-27-2007 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

or the "let'em go and let'em grow" mentallity. We're more of a "it's brown it's down" state.
You can say that again. That is exactly what burned my ass about hunting in WV. I'm glad I don't have to deal with some of the yahoo's I used to run into while hunting my home state.

DannyD 11-27-2007 10:12 AM

Nope. None here. Thanks for visiting though.