Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke.. >

Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

Old 11-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

ORIGINAL: eatsleephunt

The bucks of Tecomate? Well, I'm not sure very many people can actually identify with that type of hunting, but by golly I'll bet all of you would go if given an all expense paid hunt - particularly if it were for one of your kids.

You better believe I would. Not just for the chance to shoot a nice buck but also to be pampered while doing it. That's not how I'd like to do all my hunting but it would bea nice change of pace from hauling my own stands, doing my own scouting, and dragging out my own deer. I'll take an easy hunt thrown in every once in a while and I wouldn't hang my head about it either.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:01 AM

Paul, what Im saying is the actual work that goes into hunting the deer is not there for the hunter. Yes, camera crew, production, the rancher all work very hard, and I enjoy watching bowhunting on tv, but I do know these guys hunt primo spots. That's great, I would too, but, given the chance and time, could they do it on their own? Maybe, maybe not. II still beleive that most of us on here are better hunters because we learn through trial and error and make it happen every year or maybe we don't, but we at least put in the effort. Where is the effort on the hunter's part in this deal? Yes, they do show up and shoot a deer that the rancher has been watching for weeks and knows every path and the time the deer usually shows up. I have friends that have done it and that is exactly what goes on. Not much of an accomplishment to me. But to each his own.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

As they say to each his own as long as it is legal. That being said I am 61 have had two heart attacks and am not able to scout and hunt like I use to. I have been at this game for over 45 years and have taken a lot of deer most of them in the last 15 years and now I mostly hunt with a bow. I have taken one buck that scored 129 1/8 during all those years and bunches of small 4's 5's 6's and 7's each one a trophy to me. This year I was lucky enough to fill all 3 archery tags here at home. Once several years ago my ex wona trip to Montana to hunt Muledeer she didnt hunt so she gave it to me I spent 11 of the best hunting days of my life out there and never pulled my bow back the closest I even got to a buck was 115 yds yes we were in stands that they had built and there was 6 hunters the only deer taken was a 6 pt whitetail small rack. But I still had a ball. Now with all that if I could ever hit the lottery you guys would finally see my face because I would be on every ranch I could book trying to get me some of those hugh ones even at 300 yds or right over a bait pile where legal. And I may be wrong but I think the most of us if we could win a trip all expensises paid would take it in a minute. Just for that once in a lifetime chance to get a real wall hanger sorry this was so long.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Yes the rancher does work hard. Nobody denies that. The problem is the commercialization of hunting. Yes, people buy their deer. That is not a way of life or tradition, that my friend is buying success.
Think about the products you use. These were all researched and developed by the companies sponsoring these shows. Without commercializatiion many of the products we use would not make it to market.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:09 AM

Yes, I use a tree stand, camo, grunt call, and one cover scent. However, I do my homework and hunt hard for my deer, Im just stating that these hunters have 90% of the work done for them.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Tecomate= JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd sure hate to hunt there. You might run into that pompas jackass.... David Morris. Can't stand that guy. Besides that.... it's a fenced place. I don't do fences.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Yes, I use a tree stand, camo, grunt call, and one cover scent. However, I do my homework and hunt hard for my deer, Im just stating that these hunters have 90% of the work done for them.
Once again, most of these showa are just infomercials. I do like Petersons though even though they do little or no bowhunting.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are just deer growers with money and shooters not hunters!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 AM

Thank you Choppers!!! well said

Quick Reply: Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.