HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/219639-bucks-tecomonte-what-joke.html)

Vabowman 11-26-2007 05:20 PM

Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

I watched this garbage the other night. Sure they kill monsters, but geez, I mean they set this girl in a tower stand, she didn't look like she could hold aBB gun much less the 308 cal. she was using. She killed a giant out of the same stand last year and did it again this year. She shot the deer about 250yds out. My question is this. How can that be a rush? I mean, all of them out there that do it this way. Foxworthy, Bill Jordan, though I know he bow hunts tooo, but I just don't know how much of a rush it is to know that you will see 170 class buck at 4:35 pm and he will be standing to your left at 236 yds broadside. Where is the thrill and suspense, not to mention the work ??

Steve F.in MD 11-26-2007 05:22 PM

RE: Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

That's why your remote control has an OFF button.

Vabowman 11-26-2007 05:24 PM

Yeh but I wanted to see the buck!!!!

MN/Kyle 11-26-2007 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I watched this garbage the other night. Sure they kill monsters, but geez, I mean they set this girl in a tower stand, she didn't look like she could hold aBB gun much less the 308 cal. she was using. She killed a giant out of the same stand last year and did it again this year. She shot the deer about 250yds out. My question is this. How can that be a rush? I mean, all of them out there that do it this way. Foxworthy, Bill Jordan, though I know he bow hunts tooo, but I just don't know how much of a rush it is to know that you will see 170 class buck at 4:35 pm and he will be standing to your left at 236 yds broadside. Where is the thrill and suspense, not to mention the work ??
while I agree with you to an extent (the show is a joke)...all that jazz...

not to mention the work
That is where I disagree, I think they put in a lot of time and effort to get big deer stay in the area. I could be wrong.

GMMAT 11-26-2007 05:40 PM

There are those among us who preach that it's all about the "challenge". Then.....They have to eat their own tarsals.

Me....I just look at it for what it is.......right before I hit the channel "up" button.;)

eatsleephunt 11-26-2007 05:47 PM

If I owned 100,000acres (or even a much smaller denomination) in prime big game habitat, you bet I'd be into quality management. And you can bet my 12 year old daughter, if interested, would be smacking some good ones on an annual basis. Even if I could simply afford to take my kid to places like that I would probably consider it. Whether or not I would choose to televise their experiences is another matter.

If I lived in the Southeast where I could chase deer with dogs, (and had been raised doing it), I would want my kids to have the same thrilling experience. Once again, and for more obvious reasons, I doubt I would televise it.

However, I'm a poor lowly contractorfrom Montana and my kids will get "prime" opportunity on public land here when they are old enough. I will be their guide, and If I may say so,we'll have some pretty good opportunities to take trophy big game together.

The bucks of Tecomate? Well, I'm not sure very many people can actually identify with that type of hunting, but by golly I'll bet all of you would go if given an all expense paid hunt - particularly if it were for one of your kids.

Paul L Mohr 11-26-2007 05:49 PM

They do it for the money, that's why. As long people buy the videos they will do it and make it look interesting.

Maybe to them it is a rush. I have not seen that one but I think I know the girl you are talking about. It sure looked like it was rush to her when she shot her first deer.

Paul

Vabowman 11-26-2007 05:57 PM

Mn/kyle, they put the time and work in to grow those deer, I was talking about the hunter. When did he scout. Is he really that concerned about scent control, camo, noise, etc... He can pop a deer at 300 yds. It only has stay there for 2 seconds. Im not lumping in all rifle hunters, so don't go get defensive rifle hunters, Im just saying that these are canned hunts and that's what the joke is. Foxworthy has killed big bucks that is for sure, but come on, is he a great deer hunter?? I like him, but why hasn't he shot one with the bow???

bhunter50 11-26-2007 06:06 PM

this has been posted many o time on the site, and heatedly discussed......Do they work as hard as you/I for their deer?....NO, they don't have to......therefore, i feel they are missing out......after the scouting......trail cameras.......stand setting......scent control.......hunt prep.......not to mention the multiple daysin a treewithout seeing the buck. finally making it work and getting the buck you were after is much more meaningful to me than it ever will be for them.........no matter what anyone says. no accomplishment whatsoever!!! case closed.

Vabowman 11-26-2007 06:44 PM

Bhunter50, Thanks. I rest my case. Most of us on here are way better at hunting whitetails than the pros. I said it. They get the deer because of where they can hunt. I have never been on an outfitted hunt, but I know many who have, and they told me that the amount of 125-140 class deer they see is rediculous. With that many deer you are bound to kill at least one. We don't give ourselves enough credit sometimes. Look what GregH has accomplished. Rest my case again. And for the guys on here that take big bucks on public land.....your are the best.