Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke.. >

Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

Old 11-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

Yeah, I'm 90% bowhunter, 10% muzzleloader. It's still firearm season here in Indiana, and my Mathews is still my weapon of choice.

Ya know, I'm young-ish (26) and have got at least 2 deer a year since I was 14. Nowadays, Idon't get much of a thrill out of using a gun to deer hunt. I sit there, have deer coming to me..and tell myself "all too easy." With a bow, I only get a big rush if it's a large doe or a shooter buck. Even then I don't shake and my knees don't bounce off each other. I used to get really nervous seeing a deer acrossed a field. I dunno..maybe I'm losing it. Then again, maybe I deal with pressure better than some people? Who knows...
Old 11-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

i am glad that my knees still knock, heart still pounds, and my breath is lost like a fat kid going up the down escalator!
Old 11-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah! Me too. Although I don't seem to get really excited until I've made the shot...then it's Katie bar the dang door!!!!

If I didn't get all excited about it I think the prospect of haggling over half a beef at the butcher would be more enticing a challenge.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

The thing that makes me laugh even more is how these giant buck are grown off of cactus a sagebrush! Even living in Illinois with monster bucks somehow without feeders and foodplots find it hard to believe that a true monster buck could be grown in Texas without the help of these aids. I cant stand to watch Texas hunts like the Bucks of Tecomate, get real knock down your fences
Old 11-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

HOLLA!

i agree, eatsleephunt,after i make the shot i lose my mind....i shake like an ol empty grain wagon and my mind starts to race with dreams of backstrap boullion and tantalizing tenderloins.....and hopefully on the right hunt......lots of bone on the head!!!

ORIGINAL: huntinboy1122

The thing that makes me laugh even more is how these giant buck are grown off of cactus a sagebrush! Even living in Illinois with monster bucks somehow without feeders and foodplots find it hard to believe that a true monster buck could be grown in Texas without the help of these aids. I cant stand to watch Texas hunts like the Bucks of Tecomate, get real knock down your fences
Old 11-26-2007, 07:26 PM

theres a off buton on the remote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Mn/kyle, they put the time and work in to grow those deer, I was talking about the hunter. When did he scout. Is he really that concerned about scent control, camo, noise, etc... He can pop a deer at 300 yds. It only has stay there for 2 seconds. Im not lumping in all rifle hunters, so don't go get defensive rifle hunters, Im just saying that these are canned hunts and that's what the joke is. Foxworthy has killed big bucks that is for sure, but come on, is he a great deer hunter?? I like him, but why hasn't he shot one with the bow???
In that case, I agree with you.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

you're an off button! jk
Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 PM

I still want to see the buck !! No off button til it is down!!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

They do work hard managing that ranch. The big bucks help them sell Tecomate products. As bowhunters we're not into that. But if you had that much land and used their products you could grow those bucks too and take them with archery tackle. They are farming which I'm sure is Hard Work.

Quick Reply: Bucks of Tecomonte... what a joke..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.