Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Landowner thank you gifts >

Landowner thank you gifts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Landowner thank you gifts

Old 11-25-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Landowner thank you gifts

What do you guys give and when??

I will be making my rounds at the end of this week. I bring about 100 lbs of frozen venison of all kinds in the bed of my truck (sausage, jerky, steaks, chops, burger) and offer it to all of them (few actually take any) and I get custom made gift baskets made for each landowner with food (fruit, preserves, baked goods, candy, some smoked meats....etc) and some fresh ground gourmet coffees, and some little gifts like mugs and soaps for the lady of the house.

I always deliver by hand and never leave at the door if no one answers. A hand written card is always included expressing my thanks for their generosity.

The farmers I deal with seem to appreciate this a great deal around here.

I always thought the holidays was a good time to get this done.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:11 AM

Default RE: Landowner thank you gifts

You keep that up and you'll give hunters a good name.

[/align]
Old 11-26-2007, 03:42 AM
Site Buck Guru

I bring them a couple of boxes full of products that my company makes (ziploc, edge,pledge, off!, windex....etc.). For my up north farmer buddy I gave him and his son a custom hunting knife that my brother makes. I also show up all through out the year and help him around the farm. I like doing it.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I gave each of them a gift basket, last year....and my main landowner a basket and a gift certificate to the restaurant he and his wife go to a lot. All together it costs me WAYYY less than I'd pay to hunt their land.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I give out venison and gift packages like mentioned above. I've found that what they appreciate even more is physical labor around the farm. I put in as many hours helping around the property during the summer as I can. I feel if it's easy to be in that persons woods for hundreds of hours during the fall, it's just as easy to put in some hours helping around their house/farm. You don't have to make it a full time job, but a few hours here and there is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bake the farmer a cheesecake, it doesn't make it through the day. I don't really hunt his l;and for deer (turkeys in the spring) but he does keep an eye on the cottage. He can be a PIA sometimes, driving his ATV and running his dogs while you're hunting. I guess he doesn't really care for deer hunting.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bestbuy Gift Card
GC to a nice place to eat.

A weekend of free labor(you), try and be different is my advice
Old 11-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Dominant Buck

I only need to thank one Land owner. The rest of them, I'm doing them the favor of killing their deer. However, with that said, I buy a gift basket from Southern Seasons. I make sure it has the wines in there and the decrative baskets and stuff so the lady of the house won't let her husband say no to me next year.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Bartender

My farmer demands a case of miller lite from each hunter. He gets 3 cases a year.
Now the wife I give her a Kracker Barrell gift certificate just because she makes him go.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:59 AM

Talk about a great morning...............It was cold enough so I through some venison in the truck on my way out with the shotgun and stopped by the farm before I came home.

The farmer had a buddy there talking with him and his eyes lit up when I brought out the venison bag.........I offered him whatever he wanted and gave him a slim jim from the bag I had been nibbling on myself. He LOVED them, and says "Man, you toss me a couple bags of these every year and you can come over to my place anytime" I said "Where's your place??"..........He points right across the street and says "Come on over and see". Turns out his house is unseen from the road as he gave some land for a church to be built and it blocks the view and masks the driveway. I never even knew he was there.

250 acres of woods in a great area thanks to a bag of slim jims and 5 minutes out of my day.

Didn't see a single deer and it was still a great day!!!!

Quick Reply: Landowner thank you gifts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.