Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Landowner thank you gifts >

Landowner thank you gifts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Landowner thank you gifts

Old 11-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Landowner thank you gifts

I really wish that I was in a position to purchase gifts to those that would let me hunt on there land. Hopefully that will change.
JFergus.... it doesn't have to be money. Time spent helping out is often more appreciated. Like the lawn mowing I did for the monestary. They had been paying a guy $125 a week to do it. They lost him(he got a new regular job). I just happened to stop by one day in the spring to say hi.I talked with the "Brother" for a while. In parting I ask if there was anything I could do ....anything they needed. He said, "do you know how to mow a lawn and drive a John Deere with a bushhog". I said it's been a while but I figured I could. He said, "are you serious, we lost our lawn man and I'm swamped. If you could do it until I got someone else". So I mowed the lawn. I was retired and figured I could spend 5-6 hours a week there. They offered to pay me but I told them it was the least I could do. I did it for 3 years until my wife became real sick and I spent my days with her 24/7. It worked out because they had a paritioner loose his job and needed the money gained from mowing. I took no pay... but they always gave me $150 in gift certificates at restaurants around town at Xmas.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:57 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

A box of Omaha Steaks. I'm a veterinarian so I always offer to do their fall cattle work for free.

Another avenue, found by accident, trapping beaver and coyote. I like to trap and and am fairly profiicient. Once word got out I had people calling or coming by weekly wanting beavers removed. Ended up taking a bunch off of a property for a fella that doesn't allow anyone to hunt. Was visiting with him one day about bowhunting and he said, "You really helped me out with the beavers and I appreciate it, go ahead and hunt here if you want to." I now offer that to them as well if I notice they are having a problem. It can get you onto a lot of places.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

a 10 lb stick of deer baloney, post their land for them, and a case of beer/wine of their choice.