Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spooked by a Decoy >

Spooked by a Decoy

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spooked by a Decoy

Old 11-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default Spooked by a Decoy

Ok I've been hunting over a winter wheat field that has lots of action....If the wind is out of the S to South east I have a stand that has produced great buck scenery but I have always had a decoy sitting in the field and the big buck has gotten spooked by it....Sunday I have the S/SE wind I need but am leary about the decoy...Do you guys think if I changed from a buck decoy to a bedded doe decoy he might come in....I plan to spray some Doe-gina around also to enhance the set-up....Or just sit on the field and wait for anything to happen....Last time I hunted the stand on a S wind I didn't put anything out but had 4 Real Decoys(live does)(Nov. 11th)in front of me and not one buck came out to check........Let me know what you think.....

bolton22
Old 11-24-2007, 11:11 AM

Default RE: Spooked by a Decoy

I would still use a decoy. A doe is a safer bet but I'm still using a buck to day.