Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spooked one

Old 09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Spooked one

Last night at dark I had just tied my bow on the string to lower it to the ground when two Doe's decided to show up. I decided to wait them out rather than spooking them into the next county. Well......They dinked around in front of my stand for a good 15 min. When from behind me I hear a buck beating up on some trees. When I tried to get a look.(Full moon I could still see somewhat). He had seen me moveand busted me. I tried to lookthrough my bino's tosee how big he was as he trotted off. It was hard to tell but he looked like a pretty nice buck. I hope I didn't screwed that stand up for good. I wish I would have just spooked them dang Doe's instead[]
Old 09-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spooked one

I am sure he will be back as long as he wasnt high tailing it out of there.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Its alright. Happens to the best of us. Probly thought it was somthing wiered and just ran to be safe and not stick around. Hang in there. You'll see him again
Old 09-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

If he didn't wind you, he has no idea what you are. I've seen deer spook other deer.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would say if he saw you and identified you, then there is a very good chance that he will look into your tree next time through.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

He flagged for 30 yds then stopped to look back. Thats when I could kind of see him through my bino's(it was through the trees 45 min after sunset!!). He stood there for a few seconds then snorted turned and flagged away. He didn't seem overly scared! But too scared for my liking
Old 09-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had the same set of doe/fawn come in the last 2 nights on me. The first night mamma saw me move and wouldn't come within range, the fawn did and saw me too, didn't spook. Last night the fawn came right in under my stand and didn't seem worried, mamma however was out of sight and I didn't even know she was there until I was almost on the ground. I'm thinking she's educated now!! [:@]
Old 09-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

I know I should probably stayout of there for a while, but I could have shot seven different Doe's last night. I only have one tag! My wife decided to hunt again this year so I'm bringing her out to see if we can't get her a shot at a big ol' Doe