Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Doe Decoy/bleet VRS Buck decoy/grunt & Sents >

Doe Decoy/bleet VRS Buck decoy/grunt & Sents

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Doe Decoy/bleet VRS Buck decoy/grunt & Sents

Old 10-25-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Doe Decoy/bleet VRS Buck decoy/grunt & Sents

I was curious on some opionions from everyone regarding decoys(Either buck or doe), if they have ever used them, and how did it work for them. I got bit by "gadget" buck last fall and bought a decoy(can be used as a buck or a doe) and added a wagging tail(uses batteries to swing the tail every 16 sec). I was able to call in a buck using a bleet and the decoy, and a sent bomb. It seemed to do the trick as I bagged a pretty big spike. This year, I got a nice pic with my deer cam of a 8 point. Im currious if anyone had any other ideas that I can aprove upon or what thought you may have on making it a buck decoy. Thanks all!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Doe Decoy/bleet VRS Buck decoy/grunt & Sents

Last year was the first year I tried a decoy. I had a nice buck come in to it from a few hundred yards. I had the doe decoy on the edge of the woods where it could be seen out in the open but close enough to me so that if something came in I could get a shot with my bow. The buck saw the decoy and made his way around a large pond to it, I also used the can to help bring him in once he got close enough to hear it.

right or wrong I don't know but what I did was use the buck during the time of year they are sparing. Used the doe during the appropriate phase of the rut, when the bucks are tailing the doe's.

One item I found and like is BuckStopper Decoy Pad. they are 3 small round pads that you add your scent, doe in heat/ buck urine depending on which decoy your using. Put the scent on the pads and when you are done for the day you can remove the pad from the 2nd half that is mounted on the decoy. They velcro together and can be washed when it's time to change from buck scent to doe in heat.

sorry so long. hope this helps.
silbowhunter
Old 11-02-2004, 07:41 PM

Default RE: Doe Decoy/bleet VRS Buck decoy/grunt & Sents

Thank you for the reply this does help. I was also curious if anyone has used "Code Blue Standing Scent?" When I purchased some at my local sporting goods store and when the door was opened for the Code Blue safe, it was extremlly powerfull. Anyone that has any input or tips, please let me know.