Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you all see your arrow hit and how?? >

Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Old 11-25-2007, 01:58 AM

Default RE: Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Awesome , I thought this thread might of got passed up, I should of known betterI guess most important is follow through. I know where my arrow will hit so why try to watch it?? I;ll just keep concentrating on form and follow through.
I have to say , " THIS FORUM ROCKS"
Old 11-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

I was taught to trust the shot, that "follow through" is just as important...it's always worked for me.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't read all of the posts, anyway just watch the spot you are aiming at, not the arrow! I rarely see the arrow in flight, if I do I am not concentrating on the spot. I don't even want to see the arrow until after it hits.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Every deer I have shot i have seen the arrow hit.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

I keep my eye on where I want to put my arrow after the shot and have always been able to watch the arrow either hit where I was aming or miss. I love the feeling after you know you pulled off a perfect behind the sholder shot.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:28 AM

I was always taught to over exaggerate my hold after the release. Trying not to move anything, especially my head after i squeeze the release. If you keep your eyes glued to your pin as you were when you were aiming. Hold the position like your taught after you release, you should be able to see your arrow hit and pass through or what not. Everyshot I've taken Ive seen the arrow at point of impact, seen several pass through and come out the other side. Does not make much a difference what fletchings your using...its all in your hold. Some people call that follow through, but as an ex QB follow through to me means motion, you do not want to make any movement after you hit that release, hold steady and keep your eyes glued to your pin and see the target.

JMO

Old 11-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer: 12 yds, 36 ft
Bow: 265 fps
Time of flight: .136 seconds

My eyes are horrible, both above 20/70 (but I do wear perscriptions to get them to 20/25 or so)

I shoot 1 green fletch and 2 off-white on a black shaft. The light for the above senario was fading fast, the darkest I have ever shot a deer in fact, about 10 minutes left on a cloudy evening. I saw the arrow just as it hit the deer. It 'seemed' to kick sideways a little bit at impact so I thoughtI had a deflection. I was right, it defectedclose to 30degrees. I wish I had 'imagined' seeing it to deflect.[:-]

Its all about concentration really and everyone is different when you get to that level of focus. Some guy's neurons just cannot fire fast enough to 'catch' those split second images. Then there are the times when you 'know' the shot is good and maybe there is a little 'imagining' involved. When I make a good shot at 75 yards practicing, I 'know' it before the arrow is half way there, then there (almost always)is the satisfying 'tink' of hiting the popcan attatched to the front of the target.