Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Land or trips??? edit for clarity >

Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 AM

Default RE: Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Its a no-brainer for me....I'd take the trips every year. My family owns 480 acres here in WI and it gets old hunting the same areas every year. To tell you the truth, I haven't hunted it much for the last 6 years. I guess I have an adventurous soul and it gotold seeing the same land over and over.

Not to mention problems with surrounding land owners, people trespassing to steal stands and cameras, taxes, the list can go on and on.

But hey, thats me.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 AM

I can't ever see me not having access to some decent land to hunt here in PA, so I'd take the trips.To me it's the best of both worlds. I'll still be hunting here at home as well as enjoying the adventures of hunting other places that I wouldn't normally hunt. Some of my fondest memories are those made outside this state.

Good question though. Frankly I'm a bit surprised that most everyone would take the land.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

50 -75 acres is not too small by any means, some of the biggest deer killed and/or seen come from little tracts of land, so ya'll can count the small tracts out and i will hunt em!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bhunter50

50 -75 acres is not too small by any means, some of the biggest deer killed and/or seen come from little tracts of land, so ya'll can count the small tracts out and i will hunt em!
Your missing the question..and the entire scenerio depicted in this post.

Given 75 acres all yours..and it's all you can hunt for the rest of your days..is that enough to satisfy your hunting desires??

Not multiple tracts.. one 75 acre tract period..and of course small parcels can and do hold good deer. I don't know "many " who'd be content with only that!