Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Land or trips??? edit for clarity >

Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Old 11-19-2007, 05:07 PM

Default RE: Land or trips???

Iwould like to own more land then i have now another 50 arces would do me rightfor me and my boys......
Old 11-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP, take the land. I tell you what happens with these out of state trips. You can't get anything else done because you're either preparing to go or cleaning up when you get back. I've been on the go so much this year either on little fishing, golfing, hunting and whatever trips that I really haven't had much time to hunt. Like now.. I just got back from the Southern Tier of NY. Bucks should really be on the prowl around the house but I've been cutting up and freezing deer meat, washing clothes, paying bills and doing all sorts of things so I can leave Wed for Georgia. If I were to go hunting and shoot something I wouldn't hardly have time to mess with the meat. I have a great piece of property just across the line into NY Southern Tier that I haven't even had the time to walk through to see what's there. OH well, I'll hunt it next year.[&:]
Old 11-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'd take the land
Old 11-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deffinetly land! But it would be land out in the western states like Montana, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming! I would love to live in the mountains away from all the people and idiots in this world. I can't think of anything better then getting woke up in the morning from a bull elk bugeling in the mountains in the middle of no where. To bad its just a dream and not reality![:@]
Old 11-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even after restating your question, I still take the land assuming I can have my friends and family to share it with. That's what the hunting is about for me. I only wish I lived on my family patch and could walk and enjoy it without having to travel nearly 4 hours to get there. The satisfaction I had this year watching a3.5 year old stud of an 8 pointer nose to the ground looking for ladies in my big food plot........well, there is really nothing I can compare it to. I really take pride in and enjoy working with the land.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Land. They aren't making any more of it.....and I'd LOVE to work my own farm.
thats how me and my brother convence my dad to by land when hes debating whether to buy it. He says its a great investment and only a certain amount of it
Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

I am in the process of making this decision right now. I too live in PA and have been researching raw land prospects as well as modest cabins/houses on a small plots of land. I have been fortunate in recent years to take several hunting trips (New Brunswick for bear, Africa for plains game, Ohio for whitetail)but still desire a camp/land of my own. The desire has intensified as my children become more interested in Dad's outdoor exploits. I'm not in a position to purchase a parcel to live on and maintain as we just built a house 3 years ago, but looking more toward a weekend/seasonal getaway. Granted it wouldn't provide me with elk/pronghorn opportunities you referenced, but with PA's recent game management, I am certain I could find deer, bear, turkey, and trapping opportunities to keep me busy. In a perfect world, we could have both.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Land. In fact I am sort of torn right now. The land my brother, 4 sisters and I have inherited will most likely be up for sale within a couple of months. Divide that up by 6 of us and it doesn't leave much for me to buy over here in Illinois. Probably 40-50 acres if I am lucky and more like 30 acres with the price of land here now.
200 acres here is going to cost you a minimum of $400,000 and some will go $600,000 on up!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Dang, Rybo...

At least MY questions have more than one answer!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

That makes it too easy

This is a complex and TOUGH imaginary question

But there still is no 'wrong' answer

Quick Reply: Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.