Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Land or trips??? edit for clarity >

Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Land or trips???

Land. Harvesting deer off my own property, i dont know if it gets any better than that.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would much rather have my own land
growing those big bucks yourself i think will make you feel better about it in the end
Old 11-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Land 100% no brainer for me!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

Absolutely obsurd to even consider the trips, absolutely to own a chunk here in my home state! It is a dream of mine anyways! not a tough question at all!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Land...I WILL live on a decent amount of acerage...I've grown up not knowing anything else (we grew up on a 90acre farm I still hunt). Along with all the benefits of being able to walk right out the door to hunt, manage your property, scout when the feeling presents itself, etc, I enjoy the privacy, the ability to go for a long walk whenever I want, even if it's just before dinner. I could never go back to a 5- acre tract ever...just can't happen. This is why I'm not in a huge hurry to jump into new truck payments right now and continue to drive my lifted tacoma with 190K on the odo.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe something got lost in the translation of the question? IF you took the land, you could never afford to hunt anywhere BUT that land. No heading out of state visiting HNI buddies, no hunting trips of any sort.

Give up all trips for the rest of your life, or own an averagechunk of property?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would take the chunk of land anyday.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Owning land is a LOT more than just having the deed to it. Hard to explain....and I don't own that much. What I have will be my son's. What his grandpa has will be his.

I could give him the $$ equivalent and it would pale.

I hope he feels the same way I do, one day.
Well said GMMAT. I am that son, I will be that father. It's not a P&Y poster piece, but I am always working to make it better and you can't do that if you don't have the property. I am forever greatful that my dad had the forsite to aquire the land when he did. In the 20 or so years we have had it many memories have been made with many more to come. Same goes for bucks taken. LAND all the way is my 2 cents.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

LAND! I made the choice years ago and am now livingmy lifelongdream on my farm... this pic was taken today by my wife; I amplanting a cover crop over my 3A sunflower field. (Had great dove shoots last Sept).

Yet, it is rare for me tohunt deer my farm, mostly it's something to sharewhen I bring friends over to try their luck - recent photo from the trail cam:

Hard to compare the freedom and attachment of owning and caring for the land& the wildlife, as opposed to going out of state on some farwaway trip (done it, will do it again). No doubt,"land" is a better deal.
-fsh
Old 11-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Land...I WILL live on a decent amount of acerage...I've grown up not knowing anything else (we grew up on a 90acre farm I still hunt). Along with all the benefits of being able to walk right out the door to hunt, manage your property, scout when the feeling presents itself, etc, I enjoy the privacy, the ability to go for a long walk whenever I want, even if it's just before dinner. I could never go back to a 5- acre tract ever...just can't happen. This is why I'm not in a huge hurry to jump into new truck payments right now and continue to drive my lifted tacoma with 190K on the odo.
Just got done posting and saw this too. Right there with ya Matt. Only its a Chevy and its 176 on the odo.

Quick Reply: Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.