Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kick me when I am down. >

Kick me when I am down.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kick me when I am down.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kick me when I am down.

I had a rough rut as far as deer sighting were concerned. Our season went out this past Saturday. I was just enjoying my first real night of just coming home after work and doing normal things for a week or two until I have to supervise the Slaughtering Snipers of gun season at my cabin, making sure they don't shoot all of the potential for next year. As I was letting my shorthaired pointer out, I thought "wouldn't it be just fitting if a herd of deer ran by about now?" I live just outside of town, butfar enoughto plan on seeing deer regularly. Well, you guessed it, three doe trot by and now instead of finishing the flooring, I have to sit here looking out the window for the buck that might be following. She's gonna love me when she gets home.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Kick me when I am down.

Thats how it always goes. Ill go out hunting, get back to my lake cabin to find deer in the front yard.[:@]
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM

[>:][:-][][:'(][:@][8D][&:][:@][X(][>:][:-][&o][X(][>:][][&:][8D][:@][:'(][>:]
In the part of North carolina that i live in, hunting is a big part of life, i was raised on hunting Deer , but was never tought the right way to hunt. Watching Buck Masters and Real Tree hunting shows in my 30's i learned how to do alot diffrent things to help me in the field . Deer in this part of the country are few and far between a 130 class deer here is big to most people. My wife and I started hunting together on a 63 acre lot that was in the city limts of the town we lived in, but on the outer edge. I never would have thought that there was so many deer that close to town limits, i was able to lease this land in med season . We just watched the deer that season and set the land up for the following year for Bow hunting only .Opening day i was in my stand and it was 90 degrees , never thought i'd see anything , but outa no where here was 5 deer right in front of me 25 yards away ( 2 bucks 3 does )here i was and couldn't move , sweet was dripping every where and i was waiting to get winded , but the wind stayed in my favor all the deer stepped out of view but one . An 8 point in full velvet so i took my first good buck with a bow. The same year i got a smaller buck and a doe in the first month and half , the owner sold the land, that was the end of that hunting season, and that was the best year i ever had and lost my land to new houses ! A few years later i got promission to hunt on the back side of a hundred acres hunted for 3 years and took quiet a few nice deer .And in Nov. of 2005 my son and i was rebiulding our permanent tree stand getting ready for the rut and the opening gun of season , And then it hit me, a heart attack put me out of hunting for the rest of the year , and the following year .Now this year that my Doctor told me that i could go hunting , then i got the bad news from the land owner that i couldn't hunt there any more, so now i have no where to hunt .so i sold all my hunting stuff and gave it up , people dont let you hunt like they used to, sence i can 't work any more , i can't afford to lease land so i'm just outa luck ......
; ) so good luck to all you hunters..... have fun .!

thanks
R. Dale Johnson [:'(]
Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Had the same thing just happen to me ,,,, AGAIN!!!! there is a six point that has allot of small trees tore up in my back yard, I saw him again today when we came home from dropping my mom off at the air port. He was out there about 2 weeks ago. He didn't stick around for me to get a picture. Hope he comes back for gun season
Old 11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

These where in my back yard last summer

Old 11-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know what your sayin Ben. I was home for lunch yesterday. The dog barked at the front door, I hobbled to the window of the bedroom to look for the neighbors dog, instead I see a nice buck panting on my driveway....The doe must have went through first...he walked down my driveway and then cut into the woods.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:45 PM

I feel your pain guys, lol. True story; 2 weeks ago, I'm sittin in a stand about a quarter mile from the cabin. The previous nights chili hit me likea Mack truck arround 9 am, so I ease my way out of the stand andup to the road . . .then make a mad dash sprint for the cabin. As I'm heading back out thedoor (after finishing my business), I reflecton how dead the woodshave beenall morning. But as I close the door behind me and reach for my bow. . . .that beautifull soundof crunching leaves approached. . .a big bodied 6 pointer chasing 3 does not 40 yards away! lol, soI dropped to theground and watched the awsome display for 25 minutes. . . what a great learning experience!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out last saturday, but I didn't dress warm enough. By 9:00 I couldn't take it any more. I was freezing!I climbed down, went back to my van and drove to town for a cup of coffee. I came back about 45 minutes later and there was a new scrape less than 20 yards from my tree.

And last year I was leaving my spot after seeing nothing and as I was hanging off the side of my tree unfastening my stand, a deer comes walking up the trail I was setup on. I saw it just in time to see it's butt walking away.

Never fails...