Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrow rest??????  HELP!!!!! >

Arrow rest?????? HELP!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow rest?????? HELP!!!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Arrow rest?????? HELP!!!!!

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

...He waxes his arrows...
Would bow string wax work?

I also have been busted by WB noise when drawing. I think that one cause iswhen scent elimination spray gets on my arrow shaft, caused some friction/noise when drawing.

I have also have seen recommendation to put moleskin on lower section of WB bristle where thearrow rests. I tried it, but the moleskin lasted about 3 shots before pulling off.

All I know is I also need to find a way to silence my arrow when drawing, as Idread trying to draw during those dead-calm dayswhere any noiseis enough to get busted.

By the way, I just found this on the http://www.trophyridge.com/tips-tricks/page:

My arrows make noise during the draw, how can I quiet them down?
There are many types of arrows on the market. Some are more quiet than others. Here is what we know about making an arrow draw quietly through the rest:
[ul][*]Carbon arrows with a smooth finish are the quietest. Trophy Ridge arrows, with their Silent Slideā„¢ Shaft Coating, are the quietest arrows through the Whisker Biscuit. Other carbon arrows will be noisy at first, but after shooting them many times, they become less noisy. You will find that even the noisiest arrows will become very quiet after several hundred shots.[*]Shafts can be smoothed slightly by rubbing with very fine steel wool.[*]Large diameter aluminum arrows (24XX-25XX) are very noisy. They are very sensitive to dust and abrasion.[*]Camouflaged aluminum arrows are noisier than solid color arrows.[*]If the biscuit fits tightly around the arrow, the noise will be substantially increased. A loose fit that allows light to be seen over the arrow when it is mounted on the bow will give the quietest and most forgiving setup. You can spread the biscuit open slightly to increase the opening.[*]Applying silicon to the arrow shaft sometimes reduces the noise.[*]Keep the biscuit clean. Wipe the arrows prior to use. Avoid contaminating the biscuit with waxes, dirt, dust, target material, etc. Avoid using dry powder type waterproofing as it is abrasive and will increase arrow drawing noise.[*]Check that the biscuit is square to the arrow. Sometimes a noisy setup can be cured by pushing the top of the biscuit towards the bow string a little with your thumb. Paper tuning the bow will help optimize the rest position and can decrease draw noise.[*]Make sure the arrow is not pressing down on the rest with excessive force. If you are using nock sets above and below the arrow, they may be too close at full draw. This can cause more pressure on the bristles and increase draw noise. [/ul]If you are hunting on a cool damp morning, it is sometimes helpful to wipe the arrow and cable rod so it is free from condensation when you arrive at your stand.
[/align][/align]

-Rick C.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 PM

i have the right one!!!!!!!!!! the deer was only 15yrds no wind at all!!!!!!

Thanks rickc.!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Spike

Never shot a wb before. Get a fall away rest and use some moleskin. I've shot the Shakey Hunter the last two seasons, but switched to theRipcord this year. I prefer it over the sh or a biscuit.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

the vapor trail limbdriver is "bar none" the best rest I have ever used. Put a little mole skin on the prongs and it doesn't make a peep. The best thing about the rest is it's idiot proof.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Drop away. I picked up 7fps by switching from a two prong to a drop away.

Tom
Old 11-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

I just put on the new hostage. Good rest less contact than you biscuit.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Throphy ridge drop zone. Definately recomend a drop away rest over any other rest. It just makes more sense to use zero resistance compared to any
Old 11-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you do not have the WB set right it will have a shimmy sound on draw,when set up right they are quite.I have been useing the WB from the time it was brought out also you only lose about 1-2.5 fps useing a WB,if your loseing more you have issues.
FIND a REST YOULIKE,Not what someone else says is the best....
Old 11-10-2007, 10:50 AM

I have been using a WB for several years, mine has never made a peep. Hope you figure it out, it really can be a great rest.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

switch to a drop away like the QAD ultra rest . full containment but no contact on release