Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Drop away rest question >

Drop away rest question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop away rest question

Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Drop away rest question

Back in 06 when I was trying out new bows I shot a Bowtech Tribute that had a drop away rest that had total arrow containment for stalking, it also had a manual lever to raise the rest that you could manipulate with your index finger. I ended up buying a Tribute from another dealer because he beat the price by 200.00, to make a long story short, I went back to the other shop to talk to the owner of the bow and he had quit the same day that I test fired his bow, the other guy there didnt know the make of his rest. By the discription, can anyone tell me what Im looking for? Thanks Tom
Old 01-07-2009, 07:26 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Drop away rest question

Sounds like a QAD, they make several models. I like the Ultra HD LD. But I use my thumb to lock up the arrow.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is this it?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

X2 on the QAD

Derek
Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks, that might be it, thinking back, I think he had an adjustable sight that I used my index finger for!. Anyway, Im wanting to get away from the wisker biscut, I never noticed until I was teaching my nephew some shooting skills, my 2" Blazer vanes rub the mount on the way out, although it doesnt seem to affect accuracy, its got to be at least slowing me down. I got on QADs websight and checked out the Ultra Rest, the one that locks down when the arrow is released, is it worth the money?, Ive seen them for 108.00 to 130.00 depending on the dealer. Whats your thoughts on them? Thanks Tom
Old 01-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

From everything I've read, the QAD is a very good rest. I don't know if it is really worth the price they're asking for it though. I actually just bought a used one at Cabelas in the bargain cave for 39.00 the other day. I might put it on my bow and see if I like it or not over winter.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

spot hog whammy best rest i know

Old 01-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Heard the QAD HD's are great -- if you want full containment. If you want a more accurate drop away check into Limbdriver and spot hogg whammy.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:43 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

Heard the QAD HD's are great -- if you want full containment. If you want a more accurate drop away check into Limbdriver and spot hogg whammy.
First off let me say, this is not a knock or anything. But why would a LD or whammy be more accurate drop?? I have used them all, and didn't find one more accurate than the other. Again, not dogging you, just curious.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Because they stay in contact longer,which is more forgiving.

The absolute worst thing a rest can do is drop too early.The Whammy stays up longer than any other and the Limb Driver comes in a close second.

Add to that that the Whammy is a "soft" rest makes it even more forgiving.

Quick Reply: Drop away rest question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.