Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question and opinions >

Question and opinions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question and opinions

Old 10-26-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Question and opinions

I am hunting in Michigan. I have been seeing this 8 to 10 point buck about 75 yards from my stand. He has not responed to grunts or estrus calls. So today in the rain hopefully to mask so scent I got out w/ the chain saw and put up a new stand 20 yards from his scrapes where he has been. I came in from the back side. I didnt disturbe anything other than a couple of tree branches cut down. Was this the right decision. The wind is usually in my face and I wont hunt till then. Mind you that I am hunting not far away from homes where people and noises dont spook the deer to much. thanks
Old 10-26-2007, 03:22 PM

Default RE: Question and opinions

I alway move on deer. Thats way I use a climbing stand so when hunting I take most of my sent out with me and I can move on deer. You should be ok good luck, but if your luck is any thing like mine the next time you see him he will come out under where you were setting before.