Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ameristep Doghouse Blind >

Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Old 10-24-2007, 05:20 AM
Host of Hosts

Default Ameristep Doghouse Blind

I have a Doghouse blind and notice a mildew type odor from it. It hasn't been put away wet or even used hardly. I tried setting it out in the yard for a few days to air. I tried dead down wind spray, I tried Earth scent spray. It all seemed to work for a day or so. Now I put it in my truck behind the seat last night and got in this morning to pack up for my hunt and I smeel it again. Is there anyone who has one and notices an odor to them. Maybe its just how they smell. You know the material it made from. Am I being too sensative.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ameristep Doghouse Blind

The blind probably absorbed ambient moisture from the air and aquired a mildew culture as a result, the fabric they're made from lends itself well to this. The smell of mildew, while offensive to humans, shouldn't bother deer one bit since it's fairly prevalent in their often humid environment. Think of it as bonus cover scent.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ameristep Doghouse Blind

I like the way kevn1 thinks. You need to hunt the wind to keep the deer from smelling you anyway so I would not worry too much about it. Good luck.