Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ameristep Doghouse Blind >

Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Old 09-18-2004, 09:54 PM

Default Ameristep Doghouse Blind

I got one of those doghouse blinds by ameristep last year. They sent me a pack type thing to pack it up in. Well i can never get the blind folded up enough to fit all the way into the blind. Well i did have it once but i couldn't get it that small again. Does anyone know how to fold this thing up so it will fit in the pack? Thanks.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:15 AM

Default RE: Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Good luck! I have the same problem with mine especially when I leave it up for extended periods of time. Seems the memory steel gets amnesia. But after struggling with it for a minute or two and trying different folds you can succeed. Like they say, all else fails read the directions.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine has the instructions on a tag on the outside of the blind somewhere. I always need to refer to these to figure out how to cross my arms while holding the metal.

Mine always gets back in there somehow.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:31 PM

Well i am glad that i am not the only one wno has had to wrestle this thhing back in the pack! A friend of mine just got one and i strongly advised him to open it up in his yard and learn how to pack it up there instead of in the woods. I do like this blind, it really helps to hide my boys when i; amd hunting with them.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL , I put one up 3 years ago and it is still up.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:13 PM

ha-ha, i feel your pain! i had a penthouse model 2 yrs ago. thank the lord that i had the forsight to set it up in my dads yard instead of the field. we struggled with that thing for two days. finally had him lay on it, wrapped a bunch of bungee cords on it and hauled it back to gander mountain. this year just bought the bighouse version. 1st time i set it up was tonight. got it up in two minutes, got it down and back into its pack in two minutes. this model uses the hub system, not the spring steel. this model will set up, and take down in a heartbeat. plus it's huge and will easily accomodate two large hunters. plus it's easy on the wallet.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:24 PM

arean't blinds so great till you have too put them back. From now on i'm making a chicken wire blind.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Spike

Just curious, my brother has the brickhouse blind, only one year and a couple of teh fiberglass poles inside for suppport have split length wise. Anyone else have this problem or hear of it. GReat blind but bad problem because now blind is useless
Old 09-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Fork Horn

AFRO, who makes the bighouse you mentioned, and how much does it cost. I have seen the doghouse and the outhouse, with the doghouse looking better, as its bigger. Just wondering. Thanks
Old 09-21-2004, 05:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

LMBO. You guys are killin' me. ...Only because I can sympathize with you to an extent. If you think the Doghouse and Penthouse are bad then try putting their umbrella back into its pack. The blinds are a cinch by comparison.

Getting the blinds folded up again does take some practice but once you learn the trick to it then it almost becomes subconscious. After the blind is flat and you are again folding it "in half" then bend your arms together at the wrists and just let the blind layer one on top of the other. The spring steel almost guides you at that point.

Quick Reply: Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.