Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm hooked!!

Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Spike

Default I'm hooked!!

While I have hunted for many years with firearms this is my first year hunting whitetail with a bow and I have to say that after Thursday and Friday afternoon I am totally hooked on bowhunting.

I hunted two afternoons seeing approx 12 to 15 deer each afternoon. I was hunting the edge a small stand of hardwoods on approx 20 acres of pasture with a recently planted patch of rye grass about 125 yards away.

I saw 4 bucks and LOTS of does. I heard a couple of bucks rattling horns and had a spike and a doe with two fawns come and hang out under my stand. Did not take either but had a wonderful time watching all of them.

This is a great pastime and I feel blessed to be able to enjoy it.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:16 AM

Default RE: I'm hooked!!

It's a different world than sitting with a rifle. Knowing you need to work the deer more to get a solid shot, makes it more fun. I was hooked the first time a friend took me years ago and now this year, I'm taking my Uncle out for his first time with a bow. Here in Wisconsin we get a 9 day rifle hunt, but almost 100 days with the bow. I'll take the later!!!!!!

You are blessed to see that much action in two days. I'm lucky to see that much action. The best part of archery hunting is the lack of pressure on the animals. Now if you are in a place that allows and have the oppertunity. Go get a Gobbler with the bow, now thats fun.

Also I see you got yourself some good equipment. Good taste!!!!

Hope to hear your success story from the season. Good hunting and be safe.