Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit Bucksteps with Tree Saddle >

Summit Bucksteps with Tree Saddle

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Bucksteps with Tree Saddle

Old 10-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Summit Bucksteps with Tree Saddle

I've been using a Trophyline Tree Saddle for two years and I love it. I have been using screw on steps which are great for private land. But I'm going to be hunting some public land during the rut, and I want to get way back in there away from everyone else. I'm looking at Summit Bucksteps as a climbing stick.

I think Bucksteps would be better than a Lone Wolf stick because I can use the top step as a platform for the tree saddle. Anybody else use these? Pros and cons?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Bucksteps with Tree Saddle

I use the tree saddle too and just got some ameristep strap on steps. I cut 5 of the steps out of their strap and will use a ratchet strap with them. All I will need to do is strap them around the tree and ratchet the strap in tight. I use the lone wolf climbing sticks too. I have used the top step of the climbing stick as on of my steps when in the saddle but not as a platform.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I use the tree saddle too and just got some ameristep strap on steps. I cut 5 of the steps out of their strap and will use a ratchet strap with them. All I will need to do is strap them around the tree and ratchet the strap in tight. I use the lone wolf climbing sticks too. I have used the top step of the climbing stick as on of my steps when in the saddle but not as a platform.
I do the exact same thing with the Ameristep strap on steps. They work great but it's still a bit time consuming to get up into a tree since you have one strap per step. Sounds like a Lone Wolf might be the way to go.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I do the exact same thing with the Ameristep strap on steps. They work great but it's still a bit time consuming to get up into a tree since you have one strap per step. Sounds like a Lone Wolf might be the way to go.
Actually I use the climbing sticks to get up into the tree and then I am planning on using (haven't yet) the "platform" I am making out of a ratchet strap and 5 of the ameristep steps. I haven't used any other climbing sticks but the LW's are very easy to use and, after using them as much as I have so far, I can be very quick about getting up the tree with them. I use 3 and put the bottom one on kind of high so I have to pull myself up onto it. I use the locking strap that holds the 3 pack together to attach another one to me belt and carry the another up in one hand. I climb to the top of the first stick and attach the second one as high as I can and still climb onto it and then attach the 3rd when I get to the top of the 2nd one. When I get to the top of the 3rd one I either screw in my steps (private land now) or I will attach my homemade platform (on public) or I will hang my LW assault. After I am situated in my saddle I pull up my bow. Done. I can be up about 20+ feet in about 15 minutes.