Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Saddle

Old 09-06-2005, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tree Saddle

Hey what do you guys think of this contraption?

http://www.trophylineusa.com/saddle.htm

Tom
Old 09-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tree Saddle

I never used one.. So I can't tell you from experience what I think about it. But from an ignorant point of view I can tell you it looks like crap. And seems fairly dangerous. Don't think I'd use it if it was proven safe and effective.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

it looks like that guy was being picked on by the bigger kids and they hung him up on a tree by his underwear!! i would never try something like that..just my opinion.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Looks to me like you might just as well hang there by your safety harness and blow around in the wind.............Looks comfy[&:]
Old 09-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

the website says that when you are sitting in a stand, things can fall asleep or freeze....i can think of one part of my body that would fall asleep wearing that thing
Old 09-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

It looks alot like the tree sling that Chuck Adams used to endorse many moons ago. If I remember correctly, that one you used to toss a rope over a limb and basically hoist yourself up to whatever height you wanted to hunt at, but the seat/sling part looked similar.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:36 PM

I don't like the looks of the thing myself and think it would be exremely uncomfortable for anything over 10 minutes.

I do love seeing the Dog Faced Gremlin in camo though

Old 09-06-2005, 01:43 PM

Hey is that a pinata? ... someone give me a stick !
Old 09-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd never use it.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:31 PM

just got one a couple weeks ago. It it about as safe as u can get. u have a safetey strap around the tree as you are climing and once u get all set up then u take the safety strap off and there is no way u could possibly fall out. I havn't actually sat in it for a long period of time yet but as long as u have 2 tree pegs in the tree u could stand on u should have no problem sitting in it all day. I would have to say so far i love it. I'll wait till the season opens before i give it too much credit

Quick Reply: Tree Saddle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.