Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Too Dang hot to hunt >

Too Dang hot to hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Too Dang hot to hunt

Old 10-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Too Dang hot to hunt

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Maybe it comes with age, but I'm not hunting in NY in 83 degree temps.

..............and I'm not hunting here in NJ anymore either.

I figured I'd suck it up and go sit tonight, so I went this evening for four hours. The oneword to describe this eventwould be......"worthless".

The only thing I accomplished was perspiringabout 5 gallons of sweat into the lining of my new scent blocker suit.....although I did see a couple of nice sized does,I was too miserable to even draw. I justwasn't in the mood for tracking a doein the heat, not to mention playing host to a new batch of chiggers. The only reason I sat in the first place was because this particular spot is on the edge of a corn field(easy to get to, and have seen some mature bucks here in the early season). Any stuck deer would certainly plow through the bull briars directly behind me, and head straight for the swamp.....which isn't even a swamp any more. It's completely dried out, and has some reminisce of rotting deer carcasses...... which were there due to the "blue tongue disease"......If I have to hear that term one more time...[:@]

Sorry for the rant, but things are pretty bad around here.

It's good to hear thatsome of the hunters on this site have experienced success. Keep up the good hunting, some of the recent threadsare definately aninspiration. Hopefully things will change around here soon.

Good Luck to you all.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

I'm with ya brother this weather sucks!!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

WAAA WAAAA WAAAA!!!

Want a tissue?

Come to SC and hunt in Aug.,Sept., and Oct.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:35 PM

You and me both Justin, I am hunting tomorrow evening and Sunday morning, and its going to be a scorcher. A good friend is hunting some exclusive land down in Jersey County, he said the bucks were still moving, but they were hitting the fields at the end of shooting light.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:49 PM

I just got back from shining and there flippin deer all over in the fields and its still 80. They darn sure wernt out during shooting light, at least not by my white oak.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

So ya'll think the deer just sit under the shade tree when its hot? Come on fellas.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 PM
voz
Fork Horn

I hunted last weekend and it was pretty warm (mid 90s). Sunday afternoon I was sitting in camp, the only hunter ofthree who hadn't taken a deer yet. Nobody else was going to go hunting and I was really not wanting to go...too hot... Had to go though...I mean this is what I had been waiting for all year. By the time I had put my suit and boots on I was already soaked with sweat. Sitting on stand for an hour, I got this real bad sinus headache (from some weed out there) and I was in a pretty bad mood...I guess I nodded off, but when I woke up I noticed how nice it actually was. Yeah it was hot but it was really peacfull. No phones, no deadlines, no problems to solve, just a little hot. Anyway I saw a small doe and then a hen turkey with her brood of babies came in. Must have beena late hatch because they were pretty small. I got quite a kick out of seeing those little turkeys. By the time I climbed down I was glad I had gone. Fight through it and if all else fails, take a nap.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:00 PM

It's been in the high 80's and low 90's here all week. I'm accustomed to the heat, but the bugs are going crazy.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way too warm here in Ontario as well ,I hate it and really look forward to fall ,but this is more like summer ,I could be hunting in my short's if i really wanted .

nubo
Old 10-05-2007, 10:40 PM

Should start cooling off Wednsday of next week

Quick Reply: Too Dang hot to hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.