Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Too Dang hot to hunt >

Too Dang hot to hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Too Dang hot to hunt

Old 10-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Too Dang hot to hunt

Maybe it comes with age, but I'm not hunting in NY in 83 degree temps. That's what it is right now on my shaded back porch. What's with this weather. We need rain and cold. I got a great new piece of property that me and only me can hunt on and I haven't hung the first stand in it. It's an absolute paradise and I can't get into it with this heat. I was going to hang a stand today and hunt it in the AM but by the time I'd cleaned some clothes from my hunting trip and got a hair cut it was 80. I'm not going hunting tomorrow. Instead I'm heading up to the Atlantic Salmon Club fish hatchery where they incubate their eggs for stocking next spring. My brother is one of the officers or treasurer and founding members. I'm going to help them enlarge the hatchery. Sunday I could go hunting but it's calling for more of the same so I'm going golfing. Maybe do an afternoon hunt. Dang HEAT!!! *&^%*#&#&^%$(%^((
Old 10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Too Dang hot to hunt

I feel your pain[&o]
Old 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Spike

i know what your feeling we have very hot weather here in wisconsin also , we some kind of cold front to go through, i dont want to go and sit in 80 degree weather...
Old 10-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be sitting in 90 degree temps tomorrow in Central IL. And as much as I'm looking forward to my first trip to the stand this year, I'm not looking forward to it at the same time. [:@]
Old 10-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Global warming is a farse![:-]
Old 10-05-2007, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

I'll be sitting in 90 degree temps tomorrow in Central IL. And as much as I'm looking forward to my first trip to the stand this year, I'm not looking forward to it at the same time. [:@]
DITTO! here around wichita, ks its in the high 80's and will be till monday when a cold front (low 70's) moves in....go figure[:@]
Old 10-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Darn City folk coming down here and messing up our hunting. [:'(]

Just for that, I'm headed up to the 'city' to teach more city folks how to shoot bows and then come down here and mess up our hunting. [&:]
Old 10-05-2007, 01:26 PM

The heat the deer much. They still have to eat and drink. I love the quote" They can't go inside, why should you." I have killeddeer in high temps, low temps, high wind, fog, sleet, iceetc...... I really haven't found any weather that you can't shoot them in. Sometimes its just an inconvenience for us.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM

I went this morning and between thween the masctoes trying to carry me off and the heat I gave up around 8:30 all I seen were squrrlies and they seen me......... Dang it.[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-05-2007, 01:47 PM

Dang Spelling Errers.............LOL.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Too Dang hot to hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.