Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 greenhorn questions >

greenhorn questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

greenhorn questions

Old 09-28-2007, 09:34 PM

Default greenhorn questions

what kind of hunting accesories do you use?
I went to dicks and thay had 2 rows of scents,scentblocker, drips, drag rags,bombs, rattling bags, and rattling horns. Its all just a little overwellming.I have seen some of the scents from $8 to $40.This deer hunting thing is starting to get pricey. Any help would be great

Thank you
Tim

Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 PM

Default RE: greenhorn questions

One more I was in the woods on wed and got busted by a doe,but she did not bolt out she sniffed the air and pranced out how long should I wait before I go back in?

Old 09-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

Personally I use Hunters specialties products for keeping my scent down, primos calls and maybe a little tinks 69 during the rut. Thats just me you probally opened a can of worms with this one.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]You don't need a ton of junk to hunt deer. Just try to keep your scent down,hunt the wind ,and carry a grunt tube and maybe a set of rattling horns or a bag. Scents only work as long as you know when to use them. Scent controll is the way to go. You will learn the rest as you go.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:47 PM

As far scent control; is it nessery to get a "scent lock" suit or just the h.s. oder kit (laundry soap, earth dryer sheets, a big zip lock, and the spary) good. I did get a sliver oder elimating base layer
Old 09-29-2007, 01:00 PM

the silver technology does not remove ordor!!! the silver particels only kills bacteria. the silver suit is step one...as far as scent clothing if you think you want to eliminate all scent then get them rember head to toe coverage to be scent free....when you have a scent lok suit you dont use dryer sheets or alot of spray...as far as soap...you should only wash them a couple times in a season..though you need carbon cleaner soap.....if you dont go with scent lok then i say get the hs kit and use it!! also get the personal items tooo
Old 09-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

My first year hunting i just had regular camo with no scent control, i had no calls, scents or anthing but some scentaway spray.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:16 PM

got busted by a doe,but she did not bolt out she sniffed the air and pranced out how long should I wait before I go back in?
go on back in there, you'll be alright.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am a pour boy and have little to spend on hunting stuff since i am remodeling a house . Hunters specialties products has real good stuff tinks has good scent i try to spend alittle more money on my scent then everything else i plan to use code blue scent this eyar which cost alittle more but not much

if you plan to do scent control get a Hunters specialties box kit with the soap laundry soap deotiert scent killer spray it saves you alot.

it is a costly hoppy but well worth it good luck and be safe
Old 09-29-2007, 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

it is a costly hoppy but well worth it good luck and be safe
I know tell about it ..... and I thought fishing was costly