Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broadheads grouping better than field tips??? >

Broadheads grouping better than field tips???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadheads grouping better than field tips???

Old 09-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Broadheads grouping better than field tips???

Guys, I know this is a good problem to have... However, I have never been able to group my BHbetter thanmy FT, until this year. At 20 yards I can consistantly group my FTs in a 1-2" circle with maybe 1 stray and it seems to always be the same arrow. I have also been shooting my broadheads alot lately and I can consistantly group 3 arrows touching at 20 yards ($$$). I'm not sure if the broadhead and arrow tuning I did with those arrows is making the difference or not, but something sure is. To make a long story short my WASP bullets are flying just like their name states like "Bullets" and are producing consistantly tighter groups than those arrows that are tipped with field points. I'm a happy camper and ready for Monday Oct.1.. By the way does anyone else shoot better with broadheads rather than field points?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:07 AM

Default RE: Broadheads grouping better than field tips???

Excellent! My son has been using them for about four years now. Great flight. Even when practicing out to 60 yds. Good broadhead, under rated as they don't spend all the money on promos. BOL
Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are your BH's and FP's on different shafts? The arrows on the FP's may be shot,especially the ONE that always flies bad. Toss that one out!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Chris - my Montecsshoot just about the same as my field tips.

I never actually get to see the "group" b/c I'm too cheap/tight/cowardly to shoot more than one BH at a time. I have one "practice head," so it's shoot, retrieve arrow, shoot retrieve arrow, etc...

By my best guesstimate, they shoot exactly on par with my field tips. I wouldn't say that they shoot "better" per se, but the same.

I can't believe they make you guys in IL wait until Monday. That blows. We start on Saturday.Good luck man - by the way - did you ever empty your inbox?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

Are your BH's and FP's on different shafts? The arrows on the FP's may be shot,especially the ONE that always flies bad. Toss that one out!
All of my shafts are CX 350 Maximas. That being said, I have spin tested and tuned the shafts and matched them with the BH's that fit them best. All inserts were glued in with broadhead attached after I founda good Broadhead/arrow match. So yes each broadhead/arrow combonation is a perfect match. However, I don't think the other arrows are "Junk". Nor have they been shot that much more. All arrows were purchased in July. I honestly think that the Broadhead tipped arrows are just matched and balanced so well that they are just flat out "out performing" the FTs. When I spin test the field point arrowsthere is always a little wobble for some reason. Thats not the case with the broadhead tipped arrows.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Good luck man - by the way - did you ever empty your inbox?
No I didn't know it was full. Thanks. I will empty now.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I experienced the same thing this weekend while shooting my BH's.

I switched from Magnus Stingers to Slick Tricks late last season. I shot them a few times just to make sure they were flying ok before using them. I never got a shot on anything after making the switch, so this past weekend was my first real experience shooting them for any length of time. WOW! I was putting them inside 3 inches all the way to 40 yards. I was thoroughly impressed. My field point groups at 40 yards are around 6 inches. I don't know if it was just luck, but out I had 10 arrows all within 3 inches of the bull.