Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need to vent - my season is messed up! >

Need to vent - my season is messed up!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need to vent - my season is messed up!

Old 09-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need to vent - my season is messed up!

OK, Here's some of the events of my upcoming season:

1) wife is in Boston this week - no hunting
2) getting spinal cord stimulator (if you don't know, don't ask) hooked up to my spinal cord on my birthday next week). No hunting for about a week if I'm lucky.
3) Spinal cord stimulator implanted into my cheek (and no, not on my face) a couple weeks after that (no hunting for about a month)
4) I have to work the 2 best weekends of the year as we move our corporate headquarters. I'llmiss a lottery archery hunt that I got drawn for and the rifle opener!
5) elbow surgery will end my season sometime in early December.

How's that for a completely messed up hunting season!!!! All after just buying 40 acres of hunting land that I spent the last 9 years saving up for.

Oh, and my new neighbor to the east of me says my food plots are a waste of time and throwing down corn (illegal in MN) is the best thing to do. ARGH!!!!! He says "I give them dinner"

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest. At least I didn't tear my ACL

good luck all!

oops- meant to post this in bowhunting not the contest forum. Sorry team 15 - You're sqrewed w/ me on your team.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need to vent - my season is messed up!

Just concentrate on the priorities is all I can tell ya.

My wife just tore every ligament in her foot and ankle about a month ago, she is still in a wheel chair. I have to pretty much do all household chores, drive my wife to work, get my son off to school, work a full time job, etc., etc.

The day after her injury, my knee went out and requires surgery. Can't do it now since I have all the other stuff to take care of.

Did I mention, I have a Wisconsin White Tail hunt planned for the first week of November (planned since 2004).

Hang in there bud, and get well!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

You know, it only takes one good set in the right spot to take care of that buck anyway. Make sure when you do get out there you make it quality time. Maybe you can get a trail cam or two to do your inseason scouting. Oh, and I don't think I would be letting my neighbor know I will not be using the land, he may be ready to use it himseld, afterall you said he already does not worry about breaking the law(baiting).
dandbuck
Old 09-25-2007, 07:48 AM

I feel for you man. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to hunt this year. I broke my tibia and fibia in my left leg and had sugery. I have 6 pins and a steal plate. I'll go in the woods on my crutches if I have too. I'm determined to hunt. Good lucky anyways!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 AM

wow sorry your season is goin down like that you still might get out some though,i tore my acl last yeaR AND IT HURT LIKE HELLLLLL
Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Feel your pain......I have a 40% tear in my AC and been trying to get surgery for just about a yr and now they have me set up for 2nd opinion on Oct 3rd for surgery....I bet if I didnt have good Ins I would of had surgery 9 months ago....
Living in constant pain and limited movementsuks.....I dont take pain pills ether......
Old 09-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

OK, Here's some of the events of my upcoming season:

1) wife is in Boston this week - no hunting
2) getting spinal cord stimulator (if you don't know, don't ask) hooked up to my spinal cord on my birthday next week). No hunting for about a week if I'm lucky.
3) Spinal cord stimulator implanted into my cheek (and no, not on my face) a couple weeks after that (no hunting for about a month)
4) I have to work the 2 best weekends of the year as we move our corporate headquarters. I'llmiss a lottery archery hunt that I got drawn for and the rifle opener!
5) elbow surgery will end my season sometime in early December.

How's that for a completely messed up hunting season!!!! All after just buying 40 acres of hunting land that I spent the last 9 years saving up for.

Oh, and my new neighbor to the east of me says my food plots are a waste of time and throwing down corn (illegal in MN) is the best thing to do. ARGH!!!!! He says "I give them dinner"

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest. At least I didn't tear my ACL

good luck all!

oops- meant to post this in bowhunting not the contest forum. Sorry team 15 - You're sqrewed w/ me on your team.
Are you getting the TENS unit?
I feel for ya, but you can make it up next year!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:49 AM

A friend of mine here (bigtiny) had his doctor trying to convince him to get a TENS installed. I think he talked his way out of it. I know he got sent to physical therapy. I'll ask him after the season if it was a good move or not. Good luck with your surgery, and I hope you get to see some late-season action this season.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The spinal cord stimulator I'm getting works similar to a TENS but it's implanted in the body and the leads are in the spinal column instead of being on theskin. My TENS does nothing for me, the stimulator is supposed to work a lot better. I'll know next wednesday!

Ranger - my parents have a cabin in dent. nice town - but a logo of "get bent in dent" is a bit weird. And, don't forget about the annual testicle festival. ewww!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 PM

I'm probably going to wind up with a TENS. My doc was pushing me toward getting the stimulator implanted, but when I told her I was going to hunt regardless of medical treatment, she sent me to PT. They have been using electricity on me in the office and I can tell some difference, but I know I'll wind up with another "procedure" down the road.

I hope everything works out for you. Good luck.