Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot >

Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot

Old 11-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Spike

Default RE: Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot

I always am, gotta remember the smaller the target the bigger the trophy

Old 11-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a Proud Successful American Bow Hunter! It was my first yearbow hunting this season andI practicedall summer until season started.Bagged a nice basket 7 at 30 yards out of mynew Summit. (Still waiting to get something with my gun with a few days ofgun season left.)The feeling was great! I was shaking like crazy, heart pumping and timed everything right.Found thebeautiful animal about 100 yards away from where I shot it with a great blood trail.Double Lung shot. I could see the actual arrow mark through both lungs. Get-R-Done!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:55 PM

I haven't even gotten a deer with my bow yet! When I was young, I used to see deer all the time, but of course missed all of them. Then, when I'm strong enough to handle a flat shooting bow, of course I don't see anything. But hey, haven't spent much time with football and all. But now that that's over, next year I'll finally be able to do some serious hunting!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:38 PM

ok well here is how my 3rd year as a bow hunter went.The first deer I got this year was a doe.She was walking down a old log road about 30 yards to my right.now I had a corn pile about 15 yards infront of my stand that i put out a month before the season opened and stocked it about every other day. our season opened on september the 29th this year i hunted every day and evening and did not see a thing but on the 5th day i seen this doe coming down this old log road and she came to my corn but about 20 yards behind her was a bigger doe which is the one I wanted .But the bigger doe seen me so i thought i better shoot the one eating my corn before they both seen me and ran off.Just as I pulled my bow back the one on the corn seen me as well and ran about 20 yards and stoped behind this big oak tree .the only parts or the doe I could see was its rump and its head and i was already drew back so I took the head shot..she droped and i had to get down and put a second one in her chest to finish her off..Doe number 2 was taken at 30 yards over looking a corn field that had just been cut for about 5 days it was around october the 15th So with all that said not a bad third year
Old 12-29-2007, 07:19 PM

good job, some people dont have nothing better to. your a real bow hunter....
Old 01-06-2008, 08:24 PM

i was able to take a mature doe during the first week of wv bowseason. I was just as proud of her as the 4pt that I took on opening morning. I feel any deer you take with a bow is a success.

...and for all of the anti-bow hunters who think the kill is not quick...she only went 5 yards.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

HERE IS A GOOD HUNTING STORY FOR YA. IT WAS THE MIDDLE OF THE RUT HERE IN KANSAS THIS YEAR AND BUCKS WERE DOGGING ALL WEEK. I WAS USING MY CLIMBER FOR THE FIRST TIME. IT WAS ABOUT 8:00 BEFORE THE FIRST DEER STARTED RUNNING THROUGH, I HEARD SOMETHING ON THE FAR HILL SO I RACKED THE HORNS TOGETHER, BEFORE I COULD RATTLE FOR EVEN 2 SECONDS I COULD HEAR IT RACING TWARDS ME, I TRIED TO PUT THE ANTLERS UP IN TIME BUT HE CAME IN TOO FAST, BY THE TIME I HAD MY BOW IN MY HANDS HE WAS STANDING 20 YARDS AWAY STARING ME DOWN (160", TALL TINED 10PT BUCK). HE JUMPED AND SNORTED 3 TIMES BEFORE I TRIED TO SHOOT. THE INSTANT I RELEASED HE DROPED DOWN TO RUNAND THE ARROW SAILED OVER HIS BACK. 10 MINUTES LATER I WAS SEEING BUCKS DOGGING DOES AGAIN SO I RATTLED AGAIN... I HEAR HIM COMMING SLOWLY FROM MY RIGHT. THE BUCK CAME STOMPING IN EARS BACK, HACKELS UP. THIS IS A DOUBLE MAIN BEAM 14 POINT BUCK, HE IS BROADSIDE AT 20 YARDS AND STILL ACTING TOUGH, I GRUNTED LOUDLY TWICE AND SAID "HEY!" HE WASN'T STOP'N FOR NOTHING, HE WANTED TO FIGHT. I FINALLY SHOT HIM AT 30 YARDS WALKING AWAY, THE BUCK RAN 20 YARDS AND LAYED DOWN. AT A CLOSER LOOK HE WAS ORIGINALY A 14 PT BUT HAD BROKE OFF 3 POINTS AND HAD 3 STAB WOUNDS IN HIS BUT FROM LOOSING A FIGHT.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:24 AM

I took my first deer with a bow this past season; it was a 2.5 year old seven point. The shot was 18 yards, and the arrow got both lungs. It ran about 40 yards and dropped. I have killed several larger bucks with a rifle but none of them came close the experience I got taking this deer.To get that close, without being seen, smelled or heard. Knowing that any movement at the wrong time would cost me the shot, waiting for just the right second to draw back and release a perfect kill shot!! It is a very personal experience between you and the deer. I tried rifle hunting later in the season but lost interest quickly, bow hunting is the way to go!!!!

2005 Bow Tech Liberty
Easton FMJ 400
Nitron 100 grain broad head
Scott Saber Tooth release