Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot >

Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot

Old 09-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot

my luck my post will say " my 1 legged, right main beam only beaten up former monster ive been watching for months, i walked up to it and shot it, it diddnt run it was just like ohh god maybe he wont see me buck" Id be proud as heck knowing i killed a buck people i know wont even kill this season, so My trophy is anything i can get out there and hunt my heart out for and if i see it and decide THATS WHAT I WANT. Thats all that matters at the end of the day. Are you happy with what you took??

Ryan.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:00 PM

I recently had a discussion with my nephew about this. He hunts in Ark. with his dad with a rifle. I hunt in Mich. with a bow. He said it's no different. I explained it to him this way. You are 17, using a high powered rifle, shooting a deer 200-300 yards away. You could sit in your tree listening to that crap rap, poping the top on a red bull, and talking on you cell phone, in your 3 day worn clothes with your pants aroundyour buttand still take a deer. I sit in a tree, full camo, can't move, can't speak, can't eat or drink, afraid to break wind for fear of the deer seeing you, hearing you, or smelling you. If you can get close enough to hear that deer crunch the acorns below you. You have won. These animals are so smart and skittish, you get that close, you have become a true bow hunter. If you are lucky enough to do all that and harvest a deer. Consider yourself blessed. Be proud of that deer. The only person you have to satify is yourself. May we all be safe, down wind, and enjoy every second we spend in the woods this year. My the hunting gods bless everyone with the experiance of a fruitfull hunt and a full freezer.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

For you newer guys, what PABowhntr is saying is... Be proud of what you shoot. Don't feel the need to come online and say "well, it's only a 4 point but..." Or "It's only a doe but....".
You have done something in the sporting world, that only a relatively small portion of people can claim. You have taken an animals life with, stick and string. You have successfully beaten it's defenses and gotten close enough to make a lethal shot. You probably had to do some sort of tracking, to locate the animal. These things are all constants. These things will be done the same, whether it's Pope and Young, spike ordoe. Be proud of that.
Do not let participation on this board, or the contest, have any bearing on what you shoot. Hunting is a personal thing, it is between You and Nature. If you are happy with your success 95% of us will be just as happy for you..the other 5% you are not gonna please.

So sign it loud..HERE's My Broken Tined, 3 legged,4 point... that I shot at 15 Yards !! Be proud..you're no longer an archer..Your a successful BOWHUNTER!
Wow, that was put very well.Very encouraging, thanks!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nicely done guys. Way to keep the them of this thread going. Every animal is a trophy...especially with a bow.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:30 AM

I agree, you HAVE won if you get within 30 yards of a wild deer. Thats what people who do not bow-hunt don't understand, they think everytime you hit the woods you should kill something. That's not how i feel about it.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Great thread and lots of great comments!I picked up the bow 2 years ago and finally scored my first deer with a bowthis past weekend! It was a nice doe which will feed my family all winter and I couldn't have been more proud! I will never forget it.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

I hate when somebody makes remarks like "why would you shoot a deer that small" or other things along that line when someone kills a "small" deer. Let them be proud, because they should be!! Just because it isnt a trophy to you dosnt mean it isnt a trophy.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:57 PM

Exactly right. If you stop being proud, it might stop being fun
Old 10-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does this mean I can TRASH the HNI's "Legitimate Hunting Procedures and Methods of Fair Chase" handbook that I've spent the last few months preparing? You guys are alright!

I would like to further add...as hunters, let us be just as proud when a brother/sister has accomplished a successful law abiding kill! He/she deserves a pat on the back-PERIOD! Thisjunk of "An elephant is not high on my list of things to shoot. I'd rather shoot a dang mole or something" is a bunch of BS! Nobody cares what you wish or wish not to hunt! If you elect to pass on opportunities, then fine! But this is absolutely no reasonfor failing to congratulate another man/woman for bringing home the goods! By golly,a man and his friends hunted an elephant with a primitive weapon. The very same thing(or very closely related to) our ancestors did when they chased mammoths across the Bering Strait. One of our boldest, most outspoken, self proclaimed, hunters could only say "The bow hunting bond? That sounds gay!"He gave notone "good job", "that's great", "awesome"...nothing of a congratulating nature! Sad!

Be a kind and gracious hunter-it has its rewards! Enough said
Old 10-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Went out Sat morning till 10:00. Saw nothing.
In the evening at 6:15 I heard a few snorts about 100 yds away and figured it was over. At about 6:30 I was ready to lower my bow and already had the rope clipped to the bow limb when I heard a deer walking in from behind me. A button buck walked 20 feet directly below me and stopped in front of me at about 10 yds. I passed and then heard another from the same direction. I saw the doe through my platform and it stopped at 5 yds from my tree facing away from me and a little to my left. I drew and put the red dot on her last rib. When I released she ran in a semi-circle and actually came back towards me and fell over at 15 paces from my tree. I watched her die in all of 10 seconds.

The arrow entered high behind the ribcage and exited low between the neck and shoulder. The little loop she ran was all of 30 yds.
I have killed my last 4 deer with First Cut broadheads and everyone of them dropped within my sight.

I am very impressed with its performance. The exit holes are the size of a half dollar. All 4 were complete pass throughs.

Quick Reply: Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.