Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual* >

Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Old 09-24-2004, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Matt's post reminded me that it is time to remind everyone else to be proud of whatever animal you take. Too often in past years forum members reported that they "only shot a six" or "only took a doe". Each year we try to eliminate that mindset as any animal harvested with a bow and arrow is a true trophy.

Be proud of your animal and let everyone know how well you did/do this season!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:12 AM

Default RE: Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

I like the idea of a "Judgment free zone".

If you're happy with it, Stick it!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Amen brother. If you took the time to wait, shoot it and drag it, you should always be proud of it.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Honestly,some of my favorite hunts had a doe or a small buck at the end of the blood trail.Those were the days when friends got together and hunted.Now we all hunt aloneI would go without adding another buck on my wall to have those days back.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ah yes, our annual 3 pack is now complete...first the Recovery post, then the Picture post and now the Be Proud post.....great reminder Frank.

PA (Frank) is right, if you've decide to take an animal for one reason or another, be it a doe, spike, 6 pt. or B&C potential...it was your decision to do so and no one has the right to say it was wrong. It's your deer, your decision and you should not have to defend your decision....be proud of your take....let's not read....well it's only a 4 pt but.....BE PROUD.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

If someone says, "it's only" then obviously it must be below their own acceptable standards or desires which doesn't necessarily mean that they are not "proud" of their kill but perhaps they are not "as proud" as if they would have shot something more challenging.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

If they say "its only" could also mean they are intimidated by what everyone else may think.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:59 AM

If i didn't take any pride in what I'm doing or done I don't think i would do anything at all
I enjoy being able to get out there and look forward to doing so every year !
And to fulfill my enjoyment there's a lot of pride that go's with it and a big
smile that sticks with me as long as i can say yup I got out there !
Old 09-25-2004, 12:27 PM

Its always like that after the hunt is over. Thats just the way most hunters are, its our testosterone. I don't believe anyone is not proud of getting a deer. Your in that animals backyard and to take one, escpecially with a bow your doing something. I believe its more like the schoolyard mentality, someone else gets a bigger better one so the one you get doesn't seem as good. Doesn't bother me, some years I won't even shoot at a deer. Its more about getting out to nature to me. I don't get into who's bigger and better junk. If I decide to take one, you can sure as hell bet im proud of it. Heck, alot of people don't even know what there doing and never even see any all season! Thats my two cents anyways for what its worth. So don't be too hard on the people that don't seem like there proud, because im sure they are.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Each year we try to eliminate that mindset as any animal harvested with a bow and arrow is a true trophy.
Frank.

I could not agree with you more.

Quick Reply: Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.