Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scents anyone??

Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scents anyone??

Ok, when the server was down Iwent to the "other" board and have had no replies so i will ask here.

I want to start using some sort of scent, whether it be cover-up or attractant. What have you guys had luck with, what to avoid? I hunt "big woods" deer up north and also farm fed deer in central WI. I bought a decoy (bedded jealousy) to try this year since this one was light and easy to carry and looked interesting. I figure I would spray everything down with scent killer (dead down wind), but what else have you guys had luck with? Isaw an interesting little "kit" from Tinks on Cabela's website the I am considering since i havea couple gift cards, but iwant to put it out the the HNI boys and girls first. Let me have it!!
Thanks

Dandbuck
Old 09-20-2007, 03:01 PM

Default RE: Scents anyone??

I generally just store my clothes in an airtight container with fresh earth scent wafers. Sometimes I will put out doe pee during the rut, but not often.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Scents anyone??

The deer I hunt are used to a little human scent in the air......a "little". I try not to introduce ANYTHING else to the air when I hunt. I've seen the ads.....but I've also read Joe Brooks book....and I agree with him....that I want to go in as undetected as is earthly possible. I am guilty of storing my clothes in earth scent wafers (in the container).....but that's as far as it goes.

yep....I have tried estrous scent. Nothing. Not saying it won't work for YOU.....but I won't use it, again.

Good luck!