Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scentlok mailed final rejection. >

Scentlok mailed final rejection.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scentlok mailed final rejection.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:23 AM
OGW

Default RE: Scentlok mailed final rejection.

ORIGINAL: OGW

ORIGINAL: brono

On Sept.13, 2007 the US patent Office mailed a final rejection letter to Scentlok concerning their patent. Details will be posted as available. Its about time ? In the Feb. issue of Field and Stream in 1999, a wise Dr., Una Lynch was quoeted as saying that the carbon concept can't work as claimed, its not scientifically possible. Here we are 8 years,6 months later having the US Patent office making the same determination. What affect do you feel this will have on carbon clothing ?

Source?
Where did you get this information?

Though I dont believe in the effectiveness of activated carbon clothing to be "Regenerated" as most companies claim I do believe in accurately reporting so called facts.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Rob, I use a spray or two myself........but there are so many new brands coming out each year each touting their abilities to kill or limit human odor.

Best thing for keeping odor to a minimum is keeping as clean as possible and don't eat red meat during hunting season.....admittedly thats something I don't do.[8D]
The first thing I do after gutting is pull out the tenderloins for breakfast and you don't eat red meat?why do you hunt?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Rob, I use a spray or two myself........but there are so many new brands coming out each year each touting their abilities to kill or limit human odor.

Best thing for keeping odor to a minimum is keeping as clean as possible and don't eat red meat during hunting season.....admittedly thats something I don't do.[8D]

Ease up fellows---hes just saying you ought to not eat it!! I say when you see a deer shut your mouth, breath through your nose an let your nose hairs filter the smells!!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

On Sept.13, 2007 the US patent Office mailed a final rejection letter to Scentlok concerning their patent. Details will be posted as available. Its about time ? In the Feb. issue of Field and Stream in 1999, a wise Dr., Una Lynch was quoeted as saying that the carbon concept can't work as claimed, its not scientifically possible. Here we are 8 years,6 months later having the US Patent office making the same determination. What affect do you feel this will have on carbon clothing ?

Source?

Though I dont believe in the effectiveness of activated carbon clothing to be "Regenerated" as most companies claim I do believe in accurately reporting so called facts.
I was hopping to just read posts without going through the trouble of logging in and the first one I read is this one. Rats.

Well now that I've gone through the hassle I like to say I'm surprised at some of you, but I'd be lying. First off the originator is a nobody here. No offense just I no little to nothing about you. Things become evident over time.

Secondly, don't you think the timing is more than just a little coincidental. Come on. Hunting seasons starting, guys are buying. Just kills me.

Thirdly, I know next to little about patents, but I have seen them listed. Haven't you ever seen a list of numbers a mile long? I have. So they were turned down, for what? I'm sure there are a pile of them filed for. I also seem to remember that there is a time limit to some of them. After a certain date they are no longer protected. Something like that and can no longer be filed. Open to the publics use.

Don't make any mistake about my intensions. I've said it before, I'm a consumer who thinks the stuff is way to expensive and if the stuff sits on the shelf long enough I'll buy it at a reasonable price. Don't buy the stuff. I have also said that the stuff is very well made, and scentlok or no the garment is equal to, or better than any other quality camo out there. The others also charge an arm and leg, which kills me since their beef is that scentlok is sooooo expensive. I'm also tired of these boards being used by companies to do nothing more than bash a competitors product. Baseless, maybe, but like I also said things become evident over time at least in my eyes.

As for myself I'll wait and see. I'll also continue to use the stuff. Heck If it's all true, I'm seeing some unheard of bargains to be had. It's win win for me. I have noticed some reduction in the price of the stuff already.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

The first thing I do after gutting is pull out the tenderloins for breakfast and you don't eat red meat?why do you hunt?
Easy bud, its all in jest. We're talking scent control. I said admittedly I don't practice that theory about not eating red meat during deer season. Reportedly some Indian tribes stayed away from meat just before their hunts and used "sweat teepees" to purge odors from their systems.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:51 AM
OGW

nodog, I just want to see where the guy got this so called "Fact" of this mailing, and it's contents,from.
Does"brono" work in the US Patent Office?

Edit:
I checked on the posts by "brono" and found a pattern...LOL

Scentlok mailed final rejection. 9/15/2007 6:56:20 AM

RE: Who really uses scent lok? 9/11/2007 9:26:52 AM

RE: BEST thing to wash NEW SCENT LOK Clothing with?? 9/5/2007 9:15:24 PM

RE: Forget the wind, just hunt? 5/7/2007 10:39:42 AM

RE: Military Charcoal Suits??? 8/18/2006 4:09:17 PM

RE: Cheap Scentlok Storage 8/17/2006 6:09:51 PM
Old 09-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Don't eat red meat? Are you CRAZY??????

Our deer season is from AUG. 15th to JAN. 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No red meat during the WHOLE hunting season????

You've gotta invest in some kind of wind indicator.
Now thats funny........
Old 09-15-2007, 09:25 AM

Instead of trying to discredit someone why don't you look up the facts your self. Like someone has control over when the patent office issues their report, One has to realize that this reexam has been going on for over 2 1/2 years. The claims have been changed 3 times and now the Uspto has finally acted on the behalf of all of us.
You can't make claims in advertising either that aren't true.

Here's how to look up the information.
Go to the uspto website.
click oon patent
click on view in pair
click on public pair
type in 90007331
click on transaction history 9/13/2007- FINAL REJECTION MAILED
To bad it wasn't ffriday the 13.
So these are so called facts. Is this accuracy OK.
Rememder Dr. Lynch called this 8 1/2 years ago in Field and Stream. Fox did an investigative report 1 year ago and showed it didn't work as claimed , no one listened ,and then we want to challenge the USPTO as if they care one way or another. Why ?

Source?

Though I dont believe in the effectiveness of activated carbon clothing to be "Regenerated" as most companies claim I do believe accuracy in reporting so called facts.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Ya know something, all or most of us started hunting without Scentblocker way back when. I have taken over 25 bucks in my years of hunting. Albeit I do own a Sentlock suit, I have yet to have worn it when I have taken a deer. I have had young deer and old deer downwind of me that were not alerted. On the other side I have hadboth downwind that were alerted. Remain as scent free as you can. Keep your clothes as free of contaminents as best you can. Hope that the winds currents don't run to the deers nose! No justification for the cost when I can do the same thing with soap.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

I'm working on a fart enhancing product that willturn your gas into a most effective deer lure. The key is in my secret chile recipe that will be bundled with the fart pill. The ingredients in both the chile and the fart pill if consumed 12 hours before the hunt interact with each other to produce the gas of choice. I'm also marketing a new line of clothing to get that gas out in the open quickly. Yep...a hole in the bum area.
I love eating Chile in the fall, of course we know the drawback (farting) of that for bowhunters. I have trained myself to cock my hind quarters at just the right position to make one sound just like a Buck grunt, so with your secret chile recipe and fart pill and my ability to grunt like a buck, I will have the best grunt call/deer lure on the market (will it come in doe in heat?) Put me down for field advisor staff and get me some soon as possible.
PS. Dont worry about the pants, I already have some with a hole in the bum area from my wifes chile!

Quick Reply: Scentlok mailed final rejection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.