HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scentlok mailed final rejection.
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 07:25 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scentlok mailed final rejection.

ORIGINAL: OGW

ORIGINAL: OGW

ORIGINAL: brono

On Sept.13, 2007 the US patent Office mailed a final rejection letter to Scentlok concerning their patent. Details will be posted as available. Its about time ? In the Feb. issue of Field and Stream in 1999, a wise Dr., Una Lynch was quoeted as saying that the carbon concept can't work as claimed, its not scientifically possible. Here we are 8 years,6 months later having the US Patent office making the same determination. What affect do you feel this will have on carbon clothing ?

Source?
Where did you get this information?

Though I dont believe in the effectiveness of activated carbon clothing to be "Regenerated" as most companies claim I do believe in accurately reporting so called facts.
I was hopping to just read posts without going through the trouble of logging in and the first one I read is this one. Rats.

Well now that I've gone through the hassle I like to say I'm surprised at some of you, but I'd be lying. First off the originator is a nobody here. No offense just I no little to nothing about you. Things become evident over time.

Secondly, don't you think the timing is more than just a little coincidental. Come on. Hunting seasons starting, guys are buying. Just kills me.

Thirdly, I know next to little about patents, but I have seen them listed. Haven't you ever seen a list of numbers a mile long? I have. So they were turned down, for what? I'm sure there are a pile of them filed for. I also seem to remember that there is a time limit to some of them. After a certain date they are no longer protected. Something like that and can no longer be filed. Open to the publics use.

Don't make any mistake about my intensions. I've said it before, I'm a consumer who thinks the stuff is way to expensive and if the stuff sits on the shelf long enough I'll buy it at a reasonable price. Don't buy the stuff. I have also said that the stuff is very well made, and scentlok or no the garment is equal to, or better than any other quality camo out there. The others also charge an arm and leg, which kills me since their beef is that scentlok is sooooo expensive. I'm also tired of these boards being used by companies to do nothing more than bash a competitors product. Baseless, maybe, but like I also said things become evident over time at least in my eyes.

As for myself I'll wait and see. I'll also continue to use the stuff. Heck If it's all true, I'm seeing some unheard of bargains to be had. It's win win for me. I have noticed some reduction in the price of the stuff already.