Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scentlok mailed final rejection. >

Scentlok mailed final rejection.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scentlok mailed final rejection.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Scentlok mailed final rejection.

On Sept.13, 2007 the US patent Office mailed a final rejection letter to Scentlok concerning their patent. Details will be posted as available. Its about time ? In the Feb. issue of Field and Stream in 1999, a wise Dr., Una Lynch was quoeted as saying that the carbon concept can't work as claimed, its not scientifically possible. Here we are 8 years,6 months later having the US Patent office making the same determination. What affect do you feel this will have on carbon clothing ?
Old 09-15-2007, 05:30 AM

Default RE: Scentlok mailed final rejection.

I'm not a Scent Lok owner. Never tried the stuff, but have always felt it was just another hunting product made to get hunters to part with their money with little to no return on investment. To me, if you stay clean and do your best to hunt with the wind in your face, the deer won't know you are there.
[/align]
[/align]Besides...Doesn't the ScentLok clothing itself give off a weird odor?
[/align]
Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I've always maintained it can't work anywhere near as good as advertised. I worked to much with activated carbon in my real life to fall for it. And all this talk from the other manufacturer stating it's been proven effective against replicated human odor is a farce also. Maybe now we'll get back to being able to buy clothes without having to pay for this snake oil. Like last night in Gander Mountain, I found a perfect fitting pair of gloves I wanted... nothing special. I tried them on, the fit great and did what I wanted. I flipped up the price tag. $49!!!!! Then I saw why, Scent Blocker. I hung them back on the rack and left without them. I refuse to pay for snake oil gloves. They'd probably be $19 if they didn't have Scent Blocker on them. Same deal in the boot rack. Why do we have to pay $50-100 more for a pair of boots because they have a Scent Blocker tag on them.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

I'm with you David, I've been out looking for new boots. EVERYTHING at Dick's and Gander has some sort of scent lok thatI don't want,and I certainly do not want to pay for it.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Though I don't use carbon clothing I don't quite understand this. There are literally thousands of consumer products on the market that have been issued patents that do not work as advertised.

Next big scam on the hunting market...............most scent killing sprays.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Next big scam on the hunting market...............most scent killing sprays.
I disagree with that CM. I've used Scent Killer to remove odors other than the intended. (human odors)

Ex: I sprayed it on my hands to remove gas smells after working on equipment.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:05 AM

I'm working on a fart enhancing product that willturn your gas into a most effective deer lure. The key is in my secret chile recipe that will be bundled with the fart pill. The ingredients in both the chile and the fart pill if consumed 12 hours before the hunt interact with each other to produce the gas of choice. I'm also marketing a new line of clothing to get that gas out in the open quickly. Yep...a hole in the bum area.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Rob, I use a spray or two myself........but there are so many new brands coming out each year each touting their abilities to kill or limit human odor.

Best thing for keeping odor to a minimum is keeping as clean as possible and don't eat red meat during hunting season.....admittedly thats something I don't do.[8D]
Old 09-15-2007, 06:22 AM
OGW

ORIGINAL: brono

On Sept.13, 2007 the US patent Office mailed a final rejection letter to Scentlok concerning their patent. Details will be posted as available. Its about time ? In the Feb. issue of Field and Stream in 1999, a wise Dr., Una Lynch was quoeted as saying that the carbon concept can't work as claimed, its not scientifically possible. Here we are 8 years,6 months later having the US Patent office making the same determination. What affect do you feel this will have on carbon clothing ?

Source?
Where did you get this information?

Though I dont believe in the effectiveness of activated carbon clothing to be "Regenerated" as most companies claim I do believe accuracy in reporting so called facts.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

Don't eat red meat? Are you CRAZY??????

Our deer season is from AUG. 15th to JAN. 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No red meat during the WHOLE hunting season????

You've gotta invest in some kind of wind indicator.

Quick Reply: Scentlok mailed final rejection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.