Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stand or blind?? >

Stand or blind??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stand or blind??

Old 09-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stand or blind??

ok i am watchin a very large deer but he is in a horrible spot to hunt. this small wood line is only about 20yd.s wide n 50 long. so i don' think i could use a stand or he would c me! but there is a road that is right by the wood line. so i'm worried about some-1 steeling the blind. now there is also a corn an hay field on 1 side. an on the other a small 1/2 acre of grow up grass. any ideas of how i could try 2 get in on him.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Stand or blind??

I'm not totally understanding your dilemna. Are you saying you think he would see you in a treestand or see you get into a treestand?

If someone would steal your blind, wouldn't they steal your treestand?

The deer isn't there 24/7, he's got to move out and move in. If you have him scouted, you'll know when and were to be and in which wind when the time is right. Good luck.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

it would c me get into the stand n they wouldn't c the stand it's about 45yd.s from the road n but the only place i could put the blind is in the lil 1/3 acre open field. but the only place he is ever seen in light hours is in the lil woods that is his home he runs on a farm we arn't aloud to hunt about 1 day a week

Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Dominant Buck

NOPE, you still don't get Rob's point. Your senerio is full of holes. If there's a road there and also a field of tall grown up grass, and corn etc etc, you're seeing him(and it sounds to me like someone may have seen him once or twice is all) moving from point A to Point B. If there's a woods with big enough trees, put up a stand. It may be you're thinking of hunting him the wrong time of day. I don't really think you've got this deer figured out at all and will probably end up waisting a lot of time. If there are trails and other deer going through this patch of woods, then by all means put up a stand and hunt them. Like Rob stated, if he can see you get in a stand he'll see you get in a blind, walk down the rod, park or take a leak somewhere nearby. It does sound like a place deer would pass through sticking to cover to cross the road etc. I'd put up a stand and hunt it when the wind is right. FIrst I'd stand off a ways at the witching hours and watch with some binos to pin the activity down a little better.